- Product 423006
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor Plug-in - Native
- Write a Review
The Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor is a true studio classic, heard on tons of records for the past 20 years. Like its hardware counterpart, Softu...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A faithful replica of Tube-Tech's classic compressor with a easy-to-look-at GUI.
The Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Compressor is a true studio classic, heard on tons of records for the past 20 years. Like its hardware counterpart, Softube's Tube-Tech CL 1B Opto Compressor native plug-in sounds soft, smooth, groovy, and can compress an insane amount of dB's without sounding bad.
This Softube compressor version requires no DSP hardware, and uses the same outstanding modeling technology and algorithms as the famous Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in for TDM and PowerCore (distributed by TC Electronic). The sound is, of course, just as fantastic as its predecessor. With this unprecedented accuracy, down to details such as the precise VU meter behavior, the Tube-Tech CL 1B compressor plug-in is definitely in a league of its own.
The CL 1B plug-ins by Softube are the only Tube-Tech plug-ins that are fully endorsed by Tube-Tech.
- Gain: Up to +30dB of make-up gain
- Ratio: Continuous ratio control from 2:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: Continuous threshold control from +20dB to -40dB
- Attack: From 0.5 to 300 milliseconds
- Release: From 0.05 to 10 seconds
- The Tube-Tech CL 1B features a unique attack/release switch with three different positions: Fixed, Manual, Fix./Man.
- In Fixed mode, the attack time is set to 1 millisecond and the release is set to 50 milliseconds
- In the Manual mode, the attack and release controls work as normal
- In Fix./Man. mode, the release control works as in manual mode, however the attack is fixed to a fast attack and the attack knob turns into a delay for the release time
- Setting the Sidechain bus select to 'external' lets you use an external sidechain
- At your disposal is an old school VU meter capable of showing three different things: Input (VU meter shows the input level), Compression (VU meter shows the amount of gain reduction), and Output (VU meter shows the output level)
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher), Windows XP or higher
- Mac: Intel or PowerPC processor (G3 or higher), Windows: PIII or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- Any VST, AudioUnits, or RTAS compatible host application
- iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers
- Known Issues:
- Sidechaining is problematic on some VST hosts