- Product 584020
Solid State Logic Duende PCIe Studio Pac on PCI Card
- Write a Review
Duende PCIe Studio Pac includes the Duende Mini SSL Processor on a convenient PCI card format and a collection of outstanding SSL plug-ins including ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Duende lets you mix your music on an SSL!
Duende PCIe Studio Pac includes the Duende Mini SSL Processor on a convenient PCI card format and a collection of outstanding SSL plug-ins including the EQ & Dynamics Channel, Stereo Bus Compressor, Drumstrip, Vocalstrip, X-EQ, and the X-Comp.
Duende is based on the powerful DSP technology behind SSL's acclaimed C-Series digital consoles. Duende PCIe is a high bandwidth, half length, full height slot-in PCIe card that works in both PCs and Macs. This card is ideal for those who work with lots of external Firewire equipment, or those who want to integrate their SSL signal processing and audio workstation into a single case unit.
Classic SSL Console Channel Strip
The EQ and Dynamics Channel Strip plug-in is ported from the C200 console and includes separate high and low pass filters, a four band parametric equalizer, an independent compressor/limiter and gate/expander as well as an output gain adjustment knob.
Stereo Bus Compressor
The center section compressor from SSL's 1980's G Series analogue console is an audio production legend. It is the secret behind countless classic recordings. It is a simple signal processing unit with a simple purpose; it makes complete mixes sound bigger, with more power, punch and drive. It brings cohesion and strength to your mix without compromising clarity.
"Sticks your mix like audio glue." – That's how the SSL Stereo Bus Compressor is often described, along with – "You strap it across your mix – and it sounds like a record." SSL could wax lyrical about the technology – but hey, you already know how great this thing sounds – you've heard it on countless hit records from the last three decades.
The Duende Bus Compressor brings the dual benefits of spectacular audio performance with a universally acclaimed compressor characteristic. Taking its sonic cues from the bus compressor found in the Solid State Logic SL 4000 G Series console, the world's most successful studio production console, the plug-in delivers a sound quality that has produced hundreds of best selling recordings.
Drumstrip Drum Processor
The secret to making an average drum recording sound incredible can be elusive. It takes the right combination of processors, with the perfect sonic character, in the correct configuration and tweaked in the right way. Drumstrip takes drum sounds from ordinary and average to vibrant and exhilarating in a few quick, easy steps. Plug in, switch on and experiment. Drumstrip handles the hard part; putting the right selection of fantastic sounding processing tools in your hands in an instant.
With Drumstrip, DAW users can attain increased presence, clarity and detail in their drum tracks; reduce spill in individual tracks; restore natural brightness; achieve greater perceived loudness; shorten or lengthen the attack and sustain of percussive signals; tighten up booming toms; make kicks and snares stand out in a mix; and parallel compress room mics.
Vocalstrip Vocal Processor
Vocalstrip is an application specific plug-in that draws upon decades of SSL professional engineering expertise to combine the right four processing elements to create the simple route to professional vocal recordings. Combining EQ and dynamics sections with essential vocal processors, Vocalstrip aims to bring power, character and clarity to vocal tracks from a single interface. Vocalstrip solves the challenges of producing great vocal recordings with four processing tools carefully selected and calibrated to deliver great results every time.
X-EQ is an open and transparent sounding parametric EQ that provides the user with a truly comprehensive range of EQ tools within an intuitive user interface. X-EQ is exceptionally flexible with the ability to be surgically precise for mastering duties or to smooth and sculpt for everyday audio production and is particularly suited to real time manipulation for dramatic filter sweep effects.
X-EQ is at first glance a 10 band parametric EQ, but each of the 10 EQ bands can be selected to provide a different type of EQ, making X-EQ a vast range of different EQ processors in one package. Bands 1 and 10 are High and Low Filters, each of which can be set to employ one of five different Filter topologies with five very different tonal characters. Bands two and nine are shelving EQ's with a Q range that extend right up to 10.3 and a degree of undershoot and overshoot at higher Q settings that give a unique tonal character. The remaining six bands are all Bell EQ's with a choice of nine different EQ types providing a comprehensive range of response curves. All Shelving & Bell bands can operate across a full 20Hz-20kHz frequency range with a powerful gain range of ±20dB. All of the Bell bands can also be switched from the usual serial signal flow of a parametric EQ to the parallel signal flow of a graphic equalizer.
X-Comp is a sophisticated and extremely versatile stereo compressor that cuts through the mass of freeware and bundled plug-ins available with genuinely professional features, results and interface. The audio performance, specifications, analysis tools and depth of control offered by X-Comp are exemplary. It delivers mastering grade audio fidelity with a distinctly analogue feel and can be used for everything from 'invisible' subtle dynamic control for mastering, to dramatic 'brick wall' effects that inject raw energy and power that competes with the legendary SSL Listen Mic Compressor. Between these two extremes X-Comp can reproduce the characteristics of a wide range of modern and classic vintage compressors. In X-Comp SSL hasn't just modeled a particular compressor, but have provided a set of features and controls that allow the emulation of a broad range of compressor designs.
Note: This also comes with a free download of Duende V3 which provides a few feature enhancements as well as introduces high channel count capabilities to the Duende platform.
- The legendary sound of SSL for your digital audio workstation
- 32 channels of console-grade SSL EQ and Dynamics processing
- Very high bandwidth internal PCIe card format
- Powerful DSP engine based on SSL's award-winning C Series mixing consoles
- Relieves the plug-in processing burden on your computer's CPU
- Included Plug-ins:
- EQ & Dynamics Channel
- Stereo Bus Compressor
- Classic SSL console channel strip features and sound
- 4-band EQ, two shelving sections and two parametric
- Variable low-pass and high-pass filter
- Switchable EQ characteristics between E Series and G Series EQ
- "Over-Easy" soft ratio compression characteristic for smooth transitions
- Variable process order routing
- Dynamics side-chain processing with independent side chains for compressor and expander/gate
- Carefully selected collection of five audio processing tools
- Transient shaper with Transient Invert to bring the attack phase of your drums to life
- Transient Shaper Audition enables you to isolate and monitor the effect of the Transient Shaper
- Dedicated drum Gate with range and independent open and close threshold controls
- High Frequency Enhancer to invigorate top end
- Low Frequency Enhancer to improve bass frequencies
- The classic SSL Listen Mic Compressor with additional bypass function to alter the legendary band-limited compression to full range compression
- Adjustable processor order—because a different processing order is required for different types of drums
- Input & Output Level metering with additional RMS meters, dynamic range indicators and threshold indicators.
- 4 selected vocal processing tools with a unique SSL twist
- Comparative analysis & dynamic envelope based De-esser
- Comparative analysis & dynamic envelope based De-ploser
- 3-band SSL EQ with High-Pass, 'asymmetric notch' and 'air' bands
- Compander featuring compression, downwards expansion and output drive
- Informative visual feedback showing EQ curves and real time FFT overlay
- 10 band parametric EQ with individually selectable EQ type per band.
- Intuitive user interface with drag and move graphic control, on screen knob layout, mouse wheel (& fine mouse) control and numeric editing.
- Bands one & 10 are High & Low Cut Filters, each with five different selectable topographies.
- Bands two & nine are Shelving EQ's with proportional Q values.
- Bands three to eight are Bell Filters with 20Hz-20kHz range and nine individually selectable EQ types.
- Bands three to eight can be switched between standard series and parallel signal flow for classic graphic EQ style operation.
- Real time FFT signal analysis display.
- Stereo input and output metering with peak hold, separate RMS meter and dynamic range display.
- A/B facility for instant comparison of two different EQ set ups.
- Full parameter automation via any compatible host.
- Exceptional versatility; from mastering grade transparent compressor to incredible brick wall gain reduction
- Advanced graphic knee control with 0 to 40dB range and proportional response characteristic
- Dual symmetrical knee design allows detailed shaping of the compression characteristic
- Max Gain Reduction control sets the maximum reduction between 20 and 60dB
- Advanced side chain architecture using 1st order filters delivers user-friendly Frequency Dependant Parallel Compression
- Amplitude Histogram display provides advanced real time pre/post signal analysis
- Intuitive user interface with drag and move graphic, mouse wheel and numeric editing
- Stereo input and output metering with peak hold, separate RMS meter and dynamic range display
- A/B facility for instant comparison of two different Compression set ups
- MIDI control capability for all parameters
- Global soft latency free bypass
Duende PCIe Studio Pac on PCI Card
- System Requirements:
- Duende supports sample rates from 44.1kHz to 96kHz. Running two FireWire Duende units requires two independent FireWire busses. Duende PCIe requires One available PCIe card slot. Recommended VST, AudioUnit or RTAS host application*
- Version 2.x Minimum System Requirements
- Intel Pentium IV/AMD 1GHz or higher
- 512Mb of RAM (1Gb recommended)
- Apple Macintosh G4 or G5 (933MHz or higher)
- OSX 10.4.11 or higher
- 512Mb of RAM (1Gb recommended)
- V3 Minimum System Requirements – 64 Slot Operation
- 64 Slot Operation – Intel Core2 running at 2.0 GHz or higher (or comparable CPU)
- 128 Slot Operation – Intel Core2 running at 2.0 GHz or higher (or comparable CPU)
- 2GB of Ram (or higher)
- Duende V3 does not support Pentium or Celeron
- Intel MAC running at 1.83 GHz or higher
- 2GB of Ram (or higher)
- Duende V3 does not support Power PC Macs.