- Product 180298
Solid State Logic X-Rack XR418 4000 E Dynamics Module
- Write a Review
The X-Rack XR418 E Series Dynamics Module from Solid State Logic features a compressor/limiter and an expander/gate, both of which return faithfully ...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The X-Rack XR418 E Series Dynamics Module from Solid State Logic features a compressor/limiter and an expander/gate, both of which return faithfully to the circuitry and key components which define the sound of the original SL 611E Series channel strip from the immortal SSL 4000 E console. A true RMS converter is used in the side chain while the gain element is an all discrete design identical to the Class A VCA chip used in the original unit.
The audio compressor contains additional switching options to defeat the over-easy curve and to use a linear release instead of the more usual logarithmic curve. The result is a compressor with three distinct voices, each with its own musical character.
A little SSL 4000 E Series console history
The 4000 E was the first production console to include EQ (see #180297) and dynamics processors on every channel, as well a stereo bus compressor in the console's center-section (see Stereo Bus Compressor Module (#180241). The console quickly took the lead in music production when engineers discovered that the combination of these three features enabled them to create drums track with more punch, and put vocals, guitars, and bass in your face.
Note: Requires and SSL X-Rack (182047) to function.
Reproduces the sonic signature of the legendary SL 4000 E console channel strip
- Immortal SSL 4000 Series circuitry
- Class A VCA replication
- Expander/Gate with Key input
- Based on classic 611E console channel strip
X-Rack XR418 4000 E Dynamics Module
- Ratio (slope): Variable from 1 to infinity (limit)
- Threshold: Variable from +10dB to —30dB
- Attack Slope: Normally 'Over Easy', switchable to 'Hard Knee'
- Attack Time: Normally 30mS per 20dB, switchable to 3mS ('Fast Att')
- Release: Variable from 0.1 to 4 seconds
- Release Slope: Normally 'Logarithmic', switchable to 'Linear'
- Range: Variable from 0 to 40dB
- Threshold: Variable from —30dB to +10dB
- Attack Time: Normally 1.5mS per 40dB, switchable to 100 s
- Release Time: Variable from 0.1 to 4 seconds
- THD + N (+20dBu applied): < 0.05% at 1kHz
- Noise: < —75dBu
- Output Headroom: > +26dBu at onset of clipping
- Frequency Response: —3dB at 130kHz, ±0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Depth: 200mm / 7.9 inches including front panel knobs, excluding connectors,
- 275mm / 10.9 inches including front panel knobs and connectors
- Height: 171mm / 6.75 inches
- Width: 35mm / 1.4 inches
- Front/rear panels: 49mm / 1.9 inches
- overall width (front and rear panels are offset)
- Weight: 260g / 9.5 ounces