- Product 180182
Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor
- Write a Review
The XLogic G Series Compressor unit is a 1U rack mounting stereo compressor. It utilizes the classic SSL G Series center-compressor design elements w...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Legendary SSL G series console stereo bus compressor
The XLogic G Series Compressor unit is a 1U rack mounting stereo compressor. It utilizes the classic SSL G Series center-compressor design elements within a SuperAnalogue design topology. This delivers the dual benefits of spectacular audio performance with universally acclaimed compressor characteristics.
The Evolution of a Classic
The SL 4000 console was the first console to incorporate dynamics processing in every channel and a master compressor in the console center section. The ability to patch into the SL4000's center compressor and also control its sidechain from an internal sub-mix allowed engineers to discover the amazingly unique qualities of this compressor for use on instruments like piano and drums, as well as its classic mix finalizing capabilities. This versatility created the demand for a rack mount equivalent and a legendary piece of outboard gear was born.
The XLogic G Series Compressor is the updated version of the compressor and it uses the same classic twin VCA design as its console counterpart. Combined with improved input and output circuitry, this new unit provides improved audio performance, while retaining the dynamics characteristics that have provided numerous hit mixes for the world's best audio engineers.
The Sound of Success
The Solid State Logic SL 4000 G Series is the world's most successful studio production console. Its reputation is built upon SSL's design excellence, advanced electronic engineering, and a sound quality that has produced hundreds of best selling recordings. A key element in the sound of many of these recordings is punch and drive of the mixes created by the classic G-series center compressor.
- Legendary SSL G series stereo buss compressor
- Gain reduction meter as fitted to the classic SSL console range
- External sidechain source select
- Auto-fade with rate control automatic linear fade in/out control
- Remote connector for remote operation of the auto-fade function
- Depth: 350mm / 13.8", 25mm / 16.75 inches including connectors
- Height: 44.5mm/1.75" (1 RU)
- Width: 480mm/19"
- Weight: 3.3kg / 7.5 pounds
- Power: 23 Watts / 29VA
- * All values are approximate
- Operating: +5 to 30°C
- Non-operating: —20 to 50°C
- Max. gradient: 15°C/hour
- Relative Humidity
- Operating: 20 to 80%
- Non-operating: 5 to 90%
- Max. wet bulb: 29°C (non-condensing)
- Operating: < 0.2 G (3 — 100Hz)
Non-operating, power off: < 0.4 G (3 — 100Hz)
- Operating: < 2 G (10ms max.)
Non-operating: < 10 G (10ms max.)
- Operating: 0 to 3000m (above sea level)
- Non-operating: 0 to 12000m
- Source impedance 50 ohms unless otherwise stated.
- All measurements are RMS and are made using a 22Hz to 22kHz filter unless otherwise stated.
- Input terminated with 50 ohms. Compressor switched in and Makeup set for 0dB gain.
- Noise: < —90dBu
- Headroom is defined at the output level at which THD exceeds 1%.
- Headroom: > +28dBu output level, 20Hz to 20kHz at 0dB gain
- Dynamic Range: > 118dB
- Measured reference level at 1kHz. Any gain setting. Source impedance 50 ohms.
- 20Hz to 20kHz: ±0.2dB (—3dB @ 100kHz)
- 10Hz to 96kHz: +0.2/-0.5dB
- 10Hz to 200kHz: +0.2/-2dB
- Input level +20dBu, ground referenced.
- 20Hz to 10kHz: > 50dB
- Gain +0dB, input level +4dBu. Compressor switched out.
- 20Hz to 20kHz (80kHz filter): < 0.008%, typically 0.005%
Gain +0dB, input level +20dBu. Compressor switched out.
- 20Hz to 20kHz (80kHz filter): < 0.01%, typically <0.006%
- THD with the compressor switched in is dependent on attack and release times and signal content.
- Apply +20dBu test tone to either channel input with the other input terminated with 50 ohms. Crosstalk is the ratio of level at the output of the test channel and the output of the channel to which the signal is applied.
- @ 50Hz: < —110dB
@ 1kHz: < —100dB
- Input Impedance: > 10k ohms