- Product 180181
Solid State Logic XLogic Multichannel Compressor
- Write a Review
The XLogic Multichannel Compressor is a 2U rack-mounting six-channel compressor designed to provide extremely flexible control over a 5.1 channel mix...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
SSL XL 9000 console Center Section compression for surround or dual stereo.
The XLogic Multichannel Compressor is a 2U rack-mounting six-channel compressor designed to provide extremely flexible control over a 5.1 channel mix, or to be used as two separate compressors when working on stereo material. The compressor design is very similar to that found in the XL 9000 console center section, but with additional controls to provide the flexibility that modern 5.1 productions require. The signal path is balanced and DC coupled through out: this ensures extended bandwidth, low noise and low distortion. This brings the dual benefits of spectacular surround audio performance with a universally acclaimed compressor characteristic.
The unit contains two separate compressors. Normally the upper one controls the left, center, right and surround channels and the lower one the LFE channel, but the DUAL STEREO switch reassigns the controls so that the lower set control the surround channels and the upper set control left, center, right and LFE channels.
The SIDE CHAIN TRIM controls allow different thresholds to be set for left/right, center, surround and LFE channels. The centet and surround ISO switches bypass the respective compressor channels completely. A six channel Master Fader and Autofade control provide overall level control of the mix.
5.1 mixing presents a number of challenges to the engineer that are not present when working in stereo. This is essentially because the signal content can vary hugely between speakers - both in level and frequency content — unlike stereo material where the two channels are normally similar in both level and content. This presents a number of potential problems including:
•The LFE channel will almost certainly require different attack and release times and different thresholds from the other channels.
•Depending on the material you may or may not want some channels to be compressed.
•Conversely you may want some channels to be compressed but not to contribute to the overall
•You may want channels to have different thresholds.
•With five speakers it is possible have signals panned so that they are the loudest signal in the room but not the loudest signal in any one speaker.
The XLogic Multichannel Compressor is designed to give you a flexible but easy to use set of tools to deal with all these potential problems.
- Universally acclaimed XL 9000 K series center section design elements
- Multipurpose 5.1 Surround or dual stereo operation
- Side chain sum switching between dominant signal and true sum
- Trim controls allow different thresholds for each input
- Circular MAX display for monitoring dynamics side chain contribution
- To cope with the more complex challenge of 5.1 compression, the unit features several unique and powerful features:
- Separate 5-channel and LFE-channel compression controls allowing separate treatment of LFE signals that typically require different attack and release characteristics
- Circular Max display shows which channel is contributing the most to the side chain giving a clear, instantaneous indication of which channel is driving the compressor
- Separate Trim controls for L, C, R, & S channels provide different thresholds for each input
Whether you're working in stereo or 5.1, the XLogic Multichannel Compressor is your number one choice for the spectacular hit-making sound of SSL bus compression.
XLogic Multichannel Compressor
- 325mm/12.8" not including heatsink
- 365mm/14.3" including heatsink
- 400mm/15.75" including connectors
- Height: 89mm/3.5" (2 RU)
- Width: 480mm/19"
- Weight: 5kg/11 pounds
- Power: 55 Watts/67 VA
- * All values are approximate
- Operating: +5 to 30°C
- Non-operating: —20 to 50°C
- Max. gradient: 15°C/hour
- Relative Humidity
- Operating: 20 to 80%
- Non-operating: 5 to 90%
- Max. wet bulb: 29°C (non-condensing)
- Operating: < 0.2 G (3 — 100Hz)
- Non-operating, power off: < 0.4 G (3 — 100Hz)
- Operating: < 2 G (10ms max.)
- Non-operating: < 10 G (10ms max.)
- Operating: 0 to 3000m (above sea level)
- Non-operating: 0 to 12000m
- Performance Specifications
- Noise: < 99dBuEIN
- Headroom: > +26dBu output level, 20Hz to 20kHz at 0dB gain
- Dynamic Range: > 125dB
- Frequency Response
- 20Hz to 20kHz: ±0.05dB
- 10Hz to 96kHz: +0.2/-0.5dB
- 10Hz to 200kHz: +0.2/-2dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR)
- Frequency: CMRR (dB)
- 20Hz to 10kHz: > 50dB
- THD + Noise
- Gain +0dB, input level +4dBu. Master Fader switched in. Compressor switched out.
- 10Hz to 20kHz (80kHz filter): < 0.006%, typically 0.003%
- Gain +0dB, input level +20dBu. Master Fader switched in. Compressor switched out.
- 10Hz to 20kHz (80kHz filter): < 0.01%, typically <0.006%
- THD with the compressor switched in is dependent on attack and release times and signal content.
- @ 50Hz: < —105dB
- @ 1kHz: < —90dB
- Input Impedance: > 10k ohms
- Output Impedance: < 40 ohms