- Product J01263
Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 PCIe - 2 Port Expansion Card
- Write a Review
Your computer has USB 2.0 ports, and they’ve served you well. Talk about compatibility—keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, joysticks, digital camera...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Add SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connections to your Mac Pro or desktop PC.
Your computer has USB 2.0 ports, and they’ve served you well. Talk about compatibility—keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, joysticks, digital cameras, flash drives—what couldn’t you plug in? Talk about performance—well, that’s where USB ports 2.0 are merely passable—they limit data transfer speeds to around 25–30 MB/s. For most peripherals, that’s perfectly adequate, but when you connect an external drive and expect great performance, that bottleneck is a problem—video editing, backing up, and other data-intensive activities suffer as a result. Enter Sonnet’s Allegro™ USB 3.0 PCIe, the bottleneck breaker! This Sonnet host controller is based on the new USB 3.0 standard that offers up to 10x the performance of the decade-old USB 2.0 interface. A single hard drive with a USB 3.0 interface is capable of transferring data at up to 125 MB/s, while SSDs (solid state drives) are capable of even faster transfers—install an Allegro USB 3.0 PCIe card into your computer to exploit the full performance potential of these fast drives.
Sonnet’s Allegro USB 3.0 PCIe features a PCIe 2.0 bus interface to take advantage of your computer’s fast expansion card slots. Each of this card’s ports supports bus-powered storage devices (devices that work without a separate power supply). This card supports hot-swappable storage connections. Install an Allegro USB 3.0 PCIe card into your computer to experience the super speed of USB 3.0 connectivity firsthand.
- Simple way to add two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to a Mac Pro or desktop PC with PCI Express 2.0 slots
- Transfers data up to 10x faster than over USB 2.0 connections
- Supports hot-swappable device connection—plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Powered ports support bus-powered drives
Speed-up the old standard, add blazing fast USB 3.0 connectivity to you Mac or PC today!
- Bus Interface: PCI Express 2.0 x1
- Peripherals Supported (Mac OS X): USB 3.0 and 2.0 hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, and media readers
- Peripherals Supported (Windows): Industry standard USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 peripherals
- Cables Supported: USB 3.0 with Standard-A male connector, USB 2.0 with Standard-A male connector(3)
- Chipset: NEC
- Number of Ports: 2 external
- Standard: Complies with OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface), EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface), and xHCI (eXtensible Host Controller Interface) standards
- Data Transfer Rate: USB 3.0: 5 Gbps
- Number of Devices Supported: Up to 127
- Hot Plug: Supports hot-pluggable and hot swappable device connection
- Package Contents: Allegro USB 3.0 PCIe host controller card, quick start guide