- Product J01265
Sonnet Echo Express SE II - Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards
- Write a Review
Sonnet's Echo Express SE II enables you to connect two high-performance, professional pro video capture and processing, digital audio interface, DSP ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Use two PCIe cards with any Mac that has a Thunderbolt port.
Sonnet's Echo Express SE II enables you to connect two high-performance, professional pro video capture and processing, digital audio interface, DSP accelerator, FireWire, RAID controller, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, eSATA, and other PCIe cards to any Mac® with a Thunderbolt port. Accommodating cards up to 7.75" long, this compact Thunderbolt 2*-to-PCIe card expansion chassis supports nearly every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card on the market, including double-width (PCIe card + daughter card) cards. Measuring just 6.5" wide by 4.6" tall by 11" long, the Echo Express SE II takes up little space wherever you work, be it in the studio, on location, at your desk, or in the edit suite. Like all Echo Express chassis, the SE II has two Thunderbolt ports that support daisy chaining of up to six devices to a single port on your computer.
Thunderbolt 2 Technology
The Echo Express SE II features the 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 interface, ensuring that even the most demanding cards will perform at their peak with the new Mac Pro and other Thunderbolt 2 technology-equipped computers to follow. It is also backward compatible with 10Gbps Thunderbolt-equipped computers.
Cool Design Outside and In
The Echo Express SE II's aluminum outer shell securely protects the cards inside and helps transfer heat away from them. The large and quiet, temperature-controlled fan automatically speeds up and slows down smoothly as needed, so there's no guesswork in deciding which switch position to select. The enclosure is ventilated front, back, and bottom to facilitate airflow over the cards.
- Use high-performance PCIe card with Thunderbolt-equipped computers
- Maximum performance with Thunderbolt 2 technology
- Support for up to two PCIe cards
- Daisy chain up to six devices to a single port on the host computer
- Temperature-controlled fan provides better cooling for hot cards
- Energy Saver Mode—Powers on/off automatically with the computer
- 80W power supply handles any combination of cards
- Aluminum housing provides portable protection for any environment
Add maximum flexibilty to your Mac's Thunderbolt port.
Echo Express SE II - Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards
- Any Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port
- Warranty 1-year
- Dimensions WxDxH: 6.5 x 11 x 4.6 in. (16.5 x 27.9 x 11.7 cm)
- 3.7 lbs. (1.7 kg)
- External Connectors
- Two Thunderbolt
- 12V power
- Expansion Slot(1) Two x8 PCIe 2.0
- PCIe Cards Supported(1) Two half-length (up to 7.75" long), single-width, full-height x8 PCIe 2.0 cards plus one daughter card
- Power Adapter
- PCIe Card Minimum Guaranteed Power
- Input: 100-240V AC 1.6A, 50-60 Hz
- Output: 12V@7.0A (80W)
- Operating Temperature
- 0º C to 35º C (32º F to 95º F)
- RoHS Compliant Yes
- Package Contents
- Echo Express SE II chassis(2)
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord
- User's guide
- Note: PCIe cards and Thunderbolt cable sold separately