- Write a Review
Thunderbolt adapter for ExpressCard/34 cards.
Thunderbolt technology is amazing-the speed (up to 10Gb/s) and versatility (supporting high-resolution displays plus high-performance data devices through a single, compact port) make it clear that this is the next generation I/O technology, available today. But what about connecting existing FireWire and eSATA peripherals, as well as high speed memory cards? Sonnet's Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt Adapter expands Thunderbolt connectivity to support more than just storage systems and monitors. This Sonnet adapter adds an ExpressCard/34 slot to any computer to which it's connected, enabling you to use a wide variety of ExpressCard/34 cards to add a range of interfaces and capabilities to your system.
Imagine adding more FireWire ports or an eSATA interface through a single Thunderbolt adapter. Echo ExpressCard Pro allows you to choose your connections and add more to your setup. Because this adapter supports hot-swapping, you can select and change the ExpressCard to use as needed-it supports most Sonnet ExpressCard/34 cards (with a PCI Express interface), such as SWonnet's own FireWire interfaces, CompactFlash and SDXC card readers, select eSATA controllers, and interface cards for Sonnet's Qio CF4 and Qio E3 pro media readers. Echo ExpressCard Pro also supports specialty adapters like RME's HDSPe ExpressCard, plus interface cards for the AJA io Express and the Matrox MX02 family. Support for Sony SxS memory cards simply requires the installation of Sony's latest SxS driver*.
Set up for this Thunderbolt adapter is simple-just connect it directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with a Thunderbolt cable (not included, sold at the Apple Store)-that's it. There's no software to install and no power supply to plug in. Plug the ExpressCard/34 card or SxS memory card into the adapter as you would into a notebook computer's ExpressCard slot, install software for the adapter if necessary, and you are ready to work.
- Enables you to use ExpressCard/34 adapters with Thunderbolt equipped computers
- Ingests footage from SxS memory cards at up to 150 MB/s
- Fast, High-performance 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt technology, 5.0 Gb/s ExpressCard 2.0
- Supports Sonnet Pro CompactFlash and SDXC readers; FireWire, and select eSATA adapters
- Enables use of Qio, Qio CF4, and Qio E3 pro media readers
Expand your computer's connectivity and capabilities.
Echo ExpressCard Pro - Thunderbolt Adapter for ExpressCard/34 Cards
- Mac Compatibility
- Any Mac with a Thunderbolt port
- OS X 10.6.8+
- OS X Server 10.6.8+
- OS X Mountain Lion compatible
- SxS compatible with driver
- Warranty 5-year
- SxS Compatible Yes, with driver
- Bus Interface PCI Express 2.0 x1
- External Connectors 1 Thunderbolt
- 1 ExpressCard/34
- Data Transfer Speeds Up to 5.0 Gb/s
- Supported ExpressCard/34 Adapter Types PCIe-based with driver support for Thunderbolt Technology
- 2.7" x 4.0" x 1.3" (6.7 x 10.0 x 3.4 cm)
- RoHS Compliant Yes
- Package Contents
- Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt Adapter(1)
- Quick Start Guide