- Product J01252
Sonnet Firewire 800 to Firewire 400/800 mini Hub
- Write a Review
Are you a longtime Mac user? If so, you've probably purchased a few peripherals along the way—devices like DV camcorders, external drives, and even a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Mini hub connects your FireWire 400 and 800 devices to one FireWire 800 port.
Are you a longtime Mac user? If so, you've probably purchased a few peripherals along the way—devices like DV camcorders, external drives, and even an old iPod® or two—and some of them probably have FireWire 400 interfaces (a.k.a. IEEE 1394a and iLink®). Your older Mac probably had at least two FireWire ports, so connecting more than one of those devices at the same time was easy. But, if you've purchased a new iMac, Mac mini, or MacBook Pro in the last couple of years, you may have run into a couple of problems when you tried to connect those great devices—there's only one FireWire port, and the connectors didn't match! Sonnet's Yin•Yang FireWire 800 to FireWire 400/800 mini hub solves both problems.
Yin•Yang plugs into the single FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) port found on most new Mac computers and enables you to connect and use a FireWire 400 device (the Yin) and a FireWire 800 device (the Yang) at the same time. Yin•Yang doesn't need one power adapter, yet it will support a bus-powered 2.5" drive on either port. Fully IEEE 1394 compliant, this mini hub requires no drivers, supports all industry standard FireWire peripherals, and allows you to plug in and disconnect devices without shutting off your computer.
- Supports concurrent data transfers to and from two attached devices at 800 Mb/s and 400 Mb/s, respectively
- Operates without an external power supply
- Supports one bus-powered device on either port
- Allows you to plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
Get the best of both worlds, keep your old devices connected to new technology.
Firewire 800 to Firewire 400/800 mini Hub
- Warranty 1-year
- Number of Ports
- RoHS Compliant Yes
- FireWire Support
- Standard IEEE 1394b compliant
- Cables Supported
- 9-pin male FireWire 800 (1394b),
- 6-pin male FireWire 400 (1394a)
- When a FireWire 800 and a FireWire 400 device are both connected, the devices communicate with the host computer at 800 Mb/s and 400 Mb/s, respectively.
- Peripherals Supported
- Supports all industry standard FireWire 800 and FireWire 400 peripherals