- Product J01262
Sonnet Tempo SATA Pro 6Gb PCIe 2.0 - 4-port eSATA Host Controller Card
- Write a Review
Why choose an eSATA card? External storage and professional SSD readers often have two or more interfaces from which to choose, including FireWire, U...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
4-Port 6 Gb/s SATA solution for Mac & PC desktops with PCIe slots.
Why choose an eSATA card? External storage and professional SSD readers often have two or more interfaces from which to choose, including FireWire, USB, and eSATA. Your computer has USB ports, may have FireWire ports, and maybe even a Thunderbolt port, too. So if you can just plug into your computer's existing ports, why consider an eSATA card? Performance and cost. Consider the facts that the 6 Gb/s eSATA interface offers superior throughput to that of all FireWire and USB interfaces, and Thunderbolt storage systems carry a price premium over eSATA storage systems. Sonnet's Tempo SATA Pro 6Gb 4-Port card is a cost-effective way to add four high-performance bootable eSATA ports to your computer so you can take advantage of this fast interface.
Sonnet's Tempo SATA Pro 6Gb 4-Port's fast, 6 Gb/s eSATA interface easily handles the increased bandwidth requirements of 6 Gb/s SSDs. Built around a second generation 6Gb SATA chipset, it offers greatly improved performance over older 6 Gb eSATA cards and is capable of transferring files from a single SSD at up to 500 MB/s. Even greater performance (up to 1,300 MB/s!) is possible when you connect four SSDs and format them as a RAID 0 set. Increased onboard cache enables this Sonnet controller to perform even better in the latest computers as well as in Sonnet's Echo Express Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe cards or xMac mini Server.
- Cost-effective solution for adding high-performance 6 Gb/s eSATA ports to your Mac Pro or desktop PC
- PCI Express 2.0 x4 host bus interface and high-performance SATA controller
- Superior performance with aggregate data transfers speeds up to 1300 MB/sec
- Supports OS X and Windows RAID features
- Supports drive hot-swapping under OS X
- Supports booting from attached drives OS X and Windows 7 and 8 (see Tech Specs for details)
- Supports ATAPI (DVD-ROM) drives
- AHCI compliant—no drivers required
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. data reporting
Add eSATA connectivity to your Mac or PC today!
Tempo SATA Pro 6Gb PCIe 2.0 - 4-port eSATA Host Controller Card
- Mac Compatibility
- Mac Pro
- Xserve (with PCIe slots)6
- Power Mac G5 (with PCIe slots)
- OS X 10.5+
- OS X Server 10.5+
- OS X Mountain Lion compatible
- Windows Compatibility
- PC (with PCIe slots)(3)
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Warranty 5-year
- Bus Interface PCI Express 2.0 x4
- External Connectors Four locking eSATA
- Drives Supported Up to 16(1)
- Data Transfer Rate Up to 1,300MB/sec(2)
- Drive Types Supported SATA 6 Gb/s, SATA 3 Gb/s, and SATA 1.5 Gb/s
- Advanced Features
- Supports ATAPI (CD/DVD) drives
- Supports port multipliers under Windows 8, 7, and Vista
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. status data reporting
- Supports Spread Spectrum Clocking for compatibility with all SATA drives and for lower EMI emissions
- RoHS Compliant Yes
- Package Contents
- Tempo SATA Pro 6Gb 4-Port host controller card