- Musician's Friend Best Selection, Price & Service. Guaranteed.
Need Help? Ask our Experts or call 800-449-9128Private Reserve Guitars 866-926-1923
Need Help? Ask our Experts or call 800-449-9128
Perfect your riffing and recording with this software.
Riffworks guitar software makes recording fun and easy with an intuitive recording interface, InstantDrummer, effects, online jamming, and instant podcasting. Riffworks lets you capture ideas at the moment of inspiration. Set a tempo and start recording by strumming your guitar. Experiment with song structure using a simple riff-based workflow. Tracks are created automatically as you play. Record multiple takes or layer parts without stopping the creative flow.
This academic version is the regular version of Riffoworks at a special price for educators and students. Proof of status is required for purchase and registration of this software.
RiffWorks is an inspiration platform with a familiar interface that looks like fun gear, not like a complicated DAW. RiffWorks is easy, fun and productive because the focus is on playing, not engineering. Record efficiently, stay creative, produce high-quality songs, jam online, and podcast your tunes without ever putting down your guitar.
Add tempo-matched backups with the included InstantDrummer, Rex player, ReWire mixer, and metronome. InstantDrummer provides easy access to full-kit studio drum recordings—no programming necessary! Include up to 7 studio-quality effects per layer including wah, multiband distortion, modulation, delay, reverb, compression, and British-style EQ.
Rifflink online jamming
Record and collaborate with musicians from all over the world using the RiffLink interface integrated into RiffWorks. Any musician can join your session and work with you at the same time on the same song. There's even a built-in chat client. Each layer is instantly streamed to other current users as well as saved on the server for users who wish to contribute later.
Instantly podcast your songs using the free RiffCaster broadcasting service that is integrated into RiffWorks.
• WAV (.wav) files - perfect for burning a CD, or using a third party program like iTunes to convert to mp3
• OggVorbis (.ogg) files - a modern, free replacement for the mp3 format. Most sound player applications either have support built-in or there are plug-ins available
• Mix to Riff - bounce multiple riffs down to one layer in a single riff
Record a complete song in bite-sized pieces (Riffs). This unique and fun way to record facilitates experimentation with song structure. Each Riff can include different backups, effects, tempos, lengths, and layers
Automatic Track Creation & Loop Recording
A new layer is created each time you start recording as well as each time a Riff loops. Stack layers on top of each other (bass, guitar, vocals) to create a full Riff sound. Use this looping feature to quickly double up your tracks, do multiple takes, etc. Each layer has several controls for mixing and applying effects.
Includes 4 diverse, tempo-synchronized backups to accompany you while you record:
• InstantDrummer provides great sounding drum recordings with adjustable intensity, variation and tempo - no need for tedious drum-machine programming. 8 InstantDrummer Sessions are included for free with the purchase of RiffWorks and more are available
• REX Player for playing tempo synchronized loop files (REX and RX2)
• ReWire mixer for playing tempo-synchronized loop files with up to four ReWire synth applications like Propellerhead Reason and Ableton Live
• Metronome: Can be used for lead-in, while recording, for a really simple beat, or to add extra flavor in addition to the drummer
Add RiffWork's 7 studio-quality effects to Layers, Riffs, InstantDrummer sessions, and to the Input.
Broadcast songs instantly with a single button click in RiffWorks. The public can listen to songs posted on the RiffCaster website and podcast for free. Commenting on songs is welcome. Very popular!
Guitar Amp and Effects Plug-in Support
Amp plug-ins such as AmpliTube 2 Live from IK Multimedia (now included with RiffWorks Standard) and GearBox from Line 6, can be activated, heard, and recorded while playing your instrument through RiffWorks.
Arming the Junt feature allows you to set the tempo and start recording by simply playing your guitar or singing. Junt has a proprietary tempo detection algorithm that allows you to focus on your internal groove.
Gives aspiring guitarists a program to work on their craft, from playing to recording. Order today!