- Product 804052
Stanton SA.5 Professional Battle Mixer
- Write a Review
Instead of the usual single rotary knob on the front panel, this 2-channel turntablist mixer uses high-quality custom Penny & Giles faders instead, ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Boasts a clutter-free "no knob" front panel, user-replaceable parts, and smooth Penny and Giles faders.
Instead of the usual single rotary knob on the front panel, this 2-channel turntablist mixer uses high-quality custom Penny & Giles faders instead, giving you more natural control during heated turntable competitions. The custom P&G faders feature 3-way curve adjustment for smooth operation that can be tailored to your preferences. The positioning of all sliders and switches has been taken into special consideration for a clean, simple, and intuitive layout that is uncrowded and easy to learn. For example, each of the reverse switches are now located on the top panel where they are less likely to be bumped. Even the headphone jacks have been moved out of the way to a new recessed area.
The SA-5 also features OSII optical phono/line switches designed for more efficient scratching with no popping or clicks. There is also an OSII lock feature, so you don't have to worry about bumping them. A 3-position cue select switch lets you monitor pre- or post-crossfader--making it possible to preview scratches using the crossfader. And with slider-controlled 3-band EQ, you can perform EQ tricks and full-frequency kills more easily while scratching.
Connections to the SA-5 include 2 headphone outputs (1/4" and 1/8" minijack) with a headphone mute switch, 2 phono and 2 line inputs, a session input, microphone input, and professional TRS balanced master outputs.
Guaranteed to be the mixer future world champions are made on, the SA.5 is the exclusive mixer of the Allies Allstar Beatdown battle. The SA-5 was designed from the ground up for lightning-fast control and extremely quiet operation by Stanton's new engineering team, in close partnership with the Allies.
The SA.5 is part of the SST series of mixers, which offer several important advantages for DJs:
Why add noise to your mix when you can have the pure sound of SST? Try this with your current DJ mixer: make sure nothing is playing, then turn all the channel faders and master fader to their maximum positions. Then boost all the EQs to their highest settings. What you'll probably get is a bunch of hiss and noise. On an SST mixer, you won't hear a thing!
Another problem common to DJ mixers is channel bleed. For example, let's say you have a CD playing on channel 1 and nothing playing on channel 2. On many mixers, if you were to turn up channel 2's fader all the way you would hear the music bleeding over from channel 1. Again, with an SST mixer you would hear nothing but silence.
Better Overall Sound
Because Stanton builds SST mixers with high dynamic range and low distortion, their mixers have a much more clean, transparent sound. The result is your music will sound the way it was intended, without being "colored" by the circuitry of the mixer.
Built to Last
SST mixers are designed using only the highest quality components for longer life and more reliable performance. Did you know that many mixers use circuit boards made of a paper-like material? Spill a drink on that and your mixer is toast. SST mixers use glass epoxy boards for better durability. They also feature surface-mount technology, which means if you were to open one up you wouldn't see a mess of wires but a clean design that keeps Stanton mixers quiet.
- 2-channel scratch mixer
- Custom Penny and Giles faders and crossfader with curve adjustment
- OSII optical phono/line switches with lock feature
- 3-position cue select switch pre CF/post CF Cue/Master
- 3-band EQ with complete kills
- Program Reverse
- 2 headphone outputs (1/4" and 1/8" minijack) with headphone mute switch
- Master output attenuation control
- PGM input attenuation control
- Unique front panel design prevents accidental damage to the headphone jack and mixer during battle
- TRS balanced master outputs
- Ultra quiet: dynamic range greater than 110dB, noise floor less than 92dBV (line)
- No bleed: channel fader and crossfader kill better than 95dB
- Line to phono and phono to line crosstalk better than 90dB
- Low distortion: less than 0.015%@1kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±1dB
- THD+N (Line): < 0.015% at 1kHz
Signal to noise ratio (ref to max. level): 110dB (main signal path)
- Channel EQ:
- Hi +9, -45dB, Kill: -45dB
- Mid +9, -35dB, Kill: -35dB
- Low +9, -55dB, Kill: -55dB
- Crosstalk (Phono to Line/Line to Line Phono to Line): < -90dB at 1kHz
Channel and crossfader kill: < -100dB
- Line inputs: 2 (RCA) x 2 channels, -10dBV/10kOhm
- Session inputs: 2 (RCA) -10dBV/10kOhm
- Phono inputs: 2 (RCA) x 2 channels, -50dBV/47kOhm
- Mic inputs: 1(1/4") -50dBV/2.4kOhm balanced
- Master outputs: 2 (1/4") balanced/(RCA) unbalanced,
- +4dBu balanced/-10dBV unbalanced
- Record output: 2 (RCA), -10dBV/< 100 ohms
Headphone output: 2 (1/4 inch), 2 (1/8 inch) greater than 32-ohm load
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 14" x 9.5" x 3.5" (35.56 x 24.13 x 8.89cm)
- Weight: 8.6 lbs. (3.9kg)