- Product 272016
Sterling Audio Sterling Audio ST66 Tube Mic & Beyerdynamic DT770 Headphone Pack
- Write a Review
Includes the Sterling Audio ST66 large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone and Beyerdynamic DTG 770 Pro-80 studio headphones.ST66 Large-Diaphragm Tub...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
High quality studio essentials.
Includes the Sterling Audio ST66 large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone and Beyerdynamic DTG 770 Pro-80 studio headphones.
ST66 Large-Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
The ST66 tube condenser mic employs a large capsule with an ultra-thin 3-micron evaporated gold Mylar diaphragm. Optimized to capture the most definition and detail from all acoustic instruments like piano, drums, and guitars, the ST66's low-noise GT6205M tube in a Class-A triode circuit provides warmth and detail, adding new dimension to vocal and especially instrument recording.
The ST66 uses triode wiring on specially selected pentode tubes to yield low noise and a more realistic dynamic response than their competitors. Its power supply is designed with a load-balancing circuitry that allows cable runs of more than 200 feet with no deviation from optimal performance.
Sterling Audio microphones employ several advanced technologies that separate their large-diaphragm condenser mics from the rest of the pack.
One of the more important advancements is their Disk Resonator system. With it, Sterling Audio is uniquely able to compensate for the 14kHz frequency roll-off that is inherent in large diaphragm microphones. As any good audio engineer knows, this deficiency translates to a lack of sparkle from high-frequency sound sources.
Other manufacturers have typically solved this problem by cutting other frequencies and then increasing the entire signal to help even out the frequency range. Unfortunately, this results in increased noise.
Disk Resonator Technology incorporates a brass umbrella that protrudes from the center of the diaphragm in Sterling Audio's ST66 microphone. It gently boosts the diaphragm sensitivity to shorter sound waves, allowing it to respond more accurately to those all-important higher frequencies. The result is optimal sensitivity, full frequency response, and a low signal-to-noise ratio.
Another piece of audio wizardry comes in the form of the ultra-thin diaphragm membrane made of Mylar. While most modern condenser diaphragms are 6 to 12 microns in thickness, Sterling Audio, in association with 3M, has produced a highly resilient Mylar that measures a mere 3 microns. This allows the ST66 condenser mic to deliver an extraordinary degree of sensitivity.
Beyerdynamic DTG 770 Pro-80 Studio Headphones
Closed back, diffuse-field headphones featuring bass reflex technology for improved bass response and clinically accurate high and mid-range reproduction. Rugged headband construction. Single-sided cable.
- Low-noise GT6205M-USA tube
- Disk Resonator design extends high-frequencies naturally
- Large 1-1/4" all-brass capsule, hand assembled and oven baked for long term, stable operation
- Low-noise mic cable with Neutrik connectors
- Nickel-plated all brass body
- Custom-wound nickel core output transformer
- ST-SM4 shockmount
- 7-pin XLR mic cable
- PSM1 power supply and cord
- Closed-back, diffuse field design
- Bass reflex technology for extended bass response
- Accurate high and mid-range reproduction
- Rugged headband construction
- Single-sided cable
- Preamp: Tube-based, Class-A design
- Polar Patterns: Fixed cardioid
- High Pass Filter: Switchable 75Hz, 12dB/octave
- Attenuation Pad: Switchable -10dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ” 20kHz
- Equivalent Noise: 23dB SPL ” A Weighted
- Sensitivity: 35mV/Pa
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 79dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL: 130dB-140dB (adjustable w/pad)
- Typical Load Impedance: >500 ohms
- Output Source Impedance: 200 ohm transformer isolated
- Dimensions: 7-1/2" long, 1-4/5" max. dia.
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Weight (without cable):
- 270 g
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 35kHz
- Nominal impedance acc. to IEC 60268-7: 80 Ohm
- Nominal SPL acc. to IEC 60268-7: 96dB
- Nominal THD acc. to IEC 60268-7: < 0.2%
Power handling capacity acc. to IEC 60268-7: 100 mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Ambient noise isolation: approx. 18dB
- Connection: Gold-plated stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Length and type of cable: 3 m / straight cable
- Nominal headband pressure: approx. 3.5 N