- Product 602164
Tannoy Precision 8 Passive Studio Monitors - Pair
- Write a Review
Precision 8 reference monitors from Tannoy address the needs of professional users in recording, broadcast and post-production. Designed using the la...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Engineered to the highest sonic standards.
Precision 8 reference monitors from Tannoy address the needs of professional users in recording, broadcast and post-production. Designed using the latest techniques, including Klippell symmetry and nonlinear distortion analysis, laser scanning interferometry and advanced acoustic CAD simulation, the Precision range takes its place as the new reference monitoring standard for professional users.
From the front:
• 40mm MDF sculpted baffle — stiff, heavy and rigid and minimizes diffraction.
• Recessed drive units flush with the baffle surface — minimizes diffraction.
• 10 point fixing maximizes contact between drive unit and baffle.
• Drive unit development using Klippell analysis equipment to minimize offsets and linearise the suspension components.
• Cast chassis Tannoy Dual Concentric point source constant directivity driver. Effectively two drivers properly merged into one, with the HF mounted on the back of the LF unit so that both drivers are on the same axis. As a result sound energy is propagated from the same point and delivered through the center of the low frequency cone providing a true point source. This integrated approach provides a constant time delay over the frequency spectrum offering better transient performance and sound quality with better harmonic alignment than a displaced source monitor design. The crucial benefit at the mix position is the delivery of a more natural and cleaner sound with greatly enhanced intelligibility.
• A key benefit of the Dual design is a very wide 'sweet spot' with an exceptionally even response throughout the listening area and extraordinary transient response. This phase accurate Tannoy designed drive unit has, for all these reasons, been the choice of professional studio engineers for decades.
• Tannoy SuperTweeter extends the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 50kHz to correct the phase response from 8kHz to 20kHz within the audible band. This preserves the harmonic structure of sounds and the stability of the stereo image.
• Smooth tweeter faceplate contours prevent diffraction and cavity effects.
From the side:
• 18mm MDF cabinet construction provides stiffness and minimizes coloration.
• Internal construction braces the sides and rear of the cabinet against the rear of the bass driver to provide a rigid reactive mass for the moving cone assembly. Ensures fast tight bass response and clear midrange.
• Front baffle and rear panel tongued and grooved into the cabinet as a mechanical interlock for safety if wall mounted.
From the rear:
• Simple foolproof gold-plated terminal panel. No degradation due to bi-wire links in the HF signal path.
• OmniMount friendly fixing points for wall mounting.
- 40mm thick contoured baffle with brushed aluminum inlay
- Dual Concentric constant directivity drive unit
- Driver lossy-coupled to cabinet
- 10 screw driver chassis fixing
- Tannoy SuperTweeter takes the monitor bandwidth performance out to 51kHz
- Extended HF phase response
- Ferrofluid cooled HF units
- Frequency Response: 54Hz to 51kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 80 to 120w @ 8 ohm
- Power Handling Average RMS: 80W
- Power Handling Program: 160W
- Nominal Impedance: 6 ohm
- Sensitivity: 93dB for 1W at 1m
- Distortion: <0.5%
Crossover Frequency: 2.2kHz
- Dispersion(: @-6dB) 90 degrees
- Dual Concentric LF/MID 200mm (8") Dual Concentric constant directivity driver with multi fiber paper pulp cone
- Dual Concentric HF 25mm (1") titanium dome, neodymium magnet system, SuperTweeter 25mm (1") titanium dome, neodymium magnet system
- Shielded: Yes
- Type: Optimized bass-reflex loaded
- Construction: MDF cabinet, front baffle T&G front and back
- Finish: Black cabinet, grey painted baffle with brushed aluminum inlay
- Cabinet dimensions (H x W x D): 356mm x 220mm x 260.5mm (14" x 8-5/8" x 10-1/4")
- Total Cabinet weight: 8.9kg (19.6 lbs.)