- Product 604102
Tannoy Reveal 5A Active Studio Reference Monitors
- Write a Review
The Reveal 5A is the smallest active playback monitor from Tannoy, a company with unrivaled experience in studio monitoring. It has an extremely deta...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Provides greater bandwidth, significantly lower levels of distortion, smoother responses, more accurate phase control, and higher sensitivity levels in a smaller package.
The Reveal 5A is the smallest active playback monitor from Tannoy, a company with unrivaled experience in studio monitoring. It has an extremely detailed, dynamic sound with a wide, flat frequency response—all of which are essential for monitoring with reliable accuracy.
The 25mm (1") soft dome HF unit is seamlessly matched to a 130mm (5") long throw bass unit. The drive units are mounted on a massive 40mm thick baffle, curved to minimize diffraction and creating the loudspeakers distinctive styling. Both drive units are magnetically shielded to allow the system to be used close to video monitors.
• From the front:
• 40mm MDF sculpted baffle—stiff, heavy and rigid and minimizes diffraction.
• Recessed drive units flush with the baffle surface—minimizes diffraction.
• 10 point fixing maximizes contact between drive unit and baffle.
• Bass unit development using Klippell analysis equipment to minimize offsets and linearise the suspension components.
• New tweeter has wide band design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to correct the phase response from 8kHz to 14kHz within the audible band. This preserves the harmonic structure of sounds and the stability of the stereo image .
• Smooth tweeter faceplate contours prevent diffraction and cavity effects.
• On/Mute (energy saving mode) via the Tannoy logo push switch.
• LED indicator shows Active/Energy Saving modes.
• Front mounted volume control for convenient Home Studio and PC/MAC laptop/desktop use.
From the sides:
• 18mm MDF cabinet construction provides stiffness and minimizes coloration.
• Internal construction braces the sides and rear of the cabinet against the rear of the bass driver to provide a rigid reactive mass for the moving cone assembly. • Ensures fast tight bass response and clear midrange.
• Front baffle and rear panel tongued and grooved into the cabinet as a mechanical interlock for safety if wall mounted.
From the rear:
• Double insulated to prevent ground loops—no safety earth required.
• CSA/CE/CCC/CB full safety approvals including China.
• Spare fuse in IEC mains connector.
• On/Off mains isolator switch.
• Substantial heat sinking for long-term cool running and 24/7 reliability.
• XLR and 1/4" jack Combi connector for balanced input.
- 40mm thick contoured baffle
- Mechanically locked in baffle
- and rear panel
- Driver lossy-coupled to cabinet
- 10 screw driver chassis fixing
- Neodymium soft dome tweeter
- Extended HF phase response
- 600 balanced XLR/Jack Combi
- input connector
- Front mounted On/Mute/Energy
- saver switch
- Front mounted LED status
- Front mounted volume control
- Rear mounted mains isolation
- Rear external heatsink for cooler
- running and 24/7 reliability
- Full CSA/CE/CCC/CB approvals
- Frequency response: 65Hz to 30kHz
- Max SPL: 109dB
- Distortion: <0.7%
Horizontal Dispersion: (@-6dB, 10kHz horizontal) 90 degrees
- LF/MID: 130mm (5") multi fiber paper pulp cone
- WideBand HF: 25mm (1") soft dome, neodymium magnet system
- Shielded: Yes
- Inputs: 600 balanced XLR/Jack
- Sensitivity: 775mV for 40W
- Crossover frequency: 2.7kHz
- Amplifier output power: LF - 40W, HF - 20W
- User Controls: Front panel mounted on/mute/volume/led indicator
- Type: Optimized bass-reflex loaded
- Construction: MDF cabinet and front baffle, Tongue and groove front and back
- Finish: Grey cabinet, Blue painted baffle
- Cabinet dimensions (HxWxD) : 298.8 mm x 184mm x 304.3 mm (11-3/4" x 7-1/4" x 12")
- Total Cabinet weight: 7.8kg (17.15 lbs.)