- Product 485930
Tannoy Reveal 601 A
- Write a Review
The custom-engineered Tannoy Reveal 601A Active Studio Monitor equips your studio with an industry standard reference monitor without an excessive pr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A studio monitor with performance, accuracy and value packed into a compact enclosure.
The custom-engineered Tannoy Reveal 601A Active Studio Monitor equips your studio with an industry standard reference monitor without an excessive price tag. Building upon a world-class reputation, Reveal active monitors are the latest evolution of Tannoy's high resolution passive and active reference monitor technology.
The self-powered Reveal 601A monitor's perfectly matched integrated amplifier ensures maximum efficiency from the 6.5" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter and removes any need for a separate power amp. Response has been optimized for quarter space near field operation, such as on a meter bridge or on a table either side of your control surface, while independent gain control is provided on the rear panel, along with HF trim control, to allow fine tuning.
The low distortion 6.5" LF/MF driver voicing has been enhanced to deliver a natural and accurate ultra-linear response in the low and midrange frequencies, while the wide bandwidth tweeter extends the amplitude response beyond the 20kHz audibility threshold to 30kHz to improve the phase response within the audible band. This preserves the harmonic structure of sounds and the stability of the stereo image, ensuring stunningly accurate mix translation.
The rigid MDF cabinet construction provides stiffness and minimizes coloration, while internal bracing of the sides and rear against the back of the bass driver provides a rigid reactive mass for the moving cone assembly; this ensures fast tight bass response and clear midrange. The curved edged design of the front baffle helps eliminate diffraction, while the front-firing bass port avoids the problem of exaggerated bass response as a result of boundary-coupling “ a pitfall inherent with rear-firing designs when positioned close to a wall. The new elliptical tweeter waveguide has also been optimized to control high frequency directivity and minimize diffraction, ensuring a wide and even sweet spot.
Both balanced XLR and unbalanced TRS jack inputs complete the versatile package, ensuring the Tannoy Reveal 501a is easily integrated into any home or project studio with the minimum of fuss.
The original Tannoy Reveal Active near field monitor has become an iconic fixture in recording studios across the world since its arrival in the mid-nineties, widely recognized as the product that defined the category and has been the active monitor of choice for thousands of amateur and professional recording, creative composition and postproduction facilities worldwide. Building upon this world-class reputation, the Tannoy Reveal Active series represents the latest evolution of Tannoy's high-resolution active reference monitor technology.
Whether you're building a studio on a budget and don't want to compromise on sonic quality, or you need an active monitor with a small footprint, the Reveal 601a offers the perfect solution. Built to the same superior standard as the rest of the new Reveal range, the Reveal 601a packs performance, accuracy and value into a compact enclosure. Priced competitively with the entry-level recording setup in mind, the Reveal 501a delivers a wide bandwidth performance that will impress even the most seasoned pro.
Ahead of the Curve
The sculpted curved edges of the new Reveal's front baffle help to eliminate unwanted diffraction caused when sound dispersed from the sides of the cabinet is scattered back into the near field causing interference and phase distortion. By carefully smoothing off these edges, this unwanted diffraction is significantly reduced, delivering critical improvements to frequency response and crystal clear imaging, even when off-axis.
Optimized Tweeter Design
In the pursuit of achieving a wide and even near-field monitoring 'sweet spot', delivering accurate and highly controlled high frequencies is critical. The new Reveals feature a brand new tweeter design comprising of soft dome HF driver coupled to an elliptical waveguide that has been optimized to provide very controlled high frequency directivity and minimize diffraction, providing a wide and consistent listening field.
Most studio monitors feature bass ports on the rear of their cabinet. This type of design leads to an inherent problem called bass-coupling whereby low frequencies are amplified when the monitors are located close to room boundaries, leading to colored and inaccurate mix results. The new Reveals feature front-firing reflex bass ports however, to allow for ideal positioning even within small or confined studio spaces, while still providing defined bass performance.
- Integrated 90W total power amp unit
- 6.5" (130mm) LF/MF driver and 1" (25mm) soft dome tweeter delivering wide Frequency response of 60Hz “ 30kHz
- Sculpted and rigid front baffle design to minimize diffraction
- Response has been optimized for quarter space near-field operation, such as on a meter bridge or table on either side of your control surface
- Front firing reflex bass port to negate boundary-coupling
- Bass unit optimized to minimize asymmetry and to linearize the suspension component
- Wideband tweeter design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to improve the phase response from within the audible band.
- LED indicator shows power status
- + 1.5 / 0 / -1.5dB HF trim switch for custom room adjustment
- Rear mounted volume control for convenient Home
- Studio and PC/MAC laptop/desktop use.
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced jack connectors
Equip your studio with an industry standard reference monitor without the excessive price tag.
- Frequency Response (-3dB) (1): 60Hz - 30kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL (2): 111dB
- Distortion: <0.5%
Dispersion (-6dB): 90 degrees
- Drive Unit LF/ Mid: 130mm (6") multi fibre pulp paper cone
- Drive Unit HF: 25mm (1") soft dome with neodymium magnet system
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- (1 ) ± 3dB measured at 1m in an anechoic chamber.
- (2) Peak SPL at mix position for 1 pair driven.
- Input Impedance:
- XLR balanced & unbalanced/dd>
- Jack 10 kOhms
- Input Sensitivity: 0.775V RMS for full output
- Crossover Frequency: 2.3kHz
- Amplifier Output Power: LF 60W RMS, HF 30W RMS
- User Controls:
- Power On/ Off, Input Sensitivity/dd>
- HF Trim ± 1.5dB
- Power Supply:
- 100- 120V, 200- 240V/dd>
- Switchable, 50 “ 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 180W Maximum
- 100- 120V, T800mAL 250V/dd>
- 220- 240V, T400mAL 250V
- Low Frequency Alignment: Optimized front reflex loaded
- Cabinet Construction: MDF cabinet with injection molded
- front baffle
- Cabinet Finish: Black fine texture
- Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D): 13.4" x 8.3" x 10.7", (340 x 210 x 272mm)
- Cabinet Weight 17.5lb. (7.9kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: (H x W x D): 18.4" x 11.9" x 14.4", (466 x 302 x 366mm)
- Shipping Weight 19.6lb. (8.9kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Crisp bass
- Good Hf Extension
- Good value
- Limited Customization
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Tannoy Reveal 601 A:
Previously used M Audio monitors in near field application. Amp failed in one M Audio speaker twice (two different models and pairs) so I decided to shop for a different brand. Reviews for monitors in my price range brought me to the Tannoys. Very pleased, crisper bass than both of the M Audios and compatible with my M Audio sub. Play plenty loud without distortion. Nice highs. Smaller size permitted better placement. Not as many customization controls as the M Audios but not a problem for me in my application.