- Product H87950
Tannoy Reveal 601P Near Field Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
The Tannoy Reveal 601P Passive Studio Monitor is an industry standard reference monitor without an excessive price tag. Custom-engineered, the passiv...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A studio monitor with performance, accuracy and value packed into a compact enclosure.
The Tannoy Reveal 601P Passive Studio Monitor is an industry standard reference monitor without an excessive price tag. Custom-engineered, the passive Reveal monitor builds upon a world-class reputation. Tannoy Reveal monitors are the latest evolution of Tannoy's high resolution passive and active reference monitor technology.
The low distortion 6.5" LF/MF driver voicing has been enhanced to deliver a natural and accurate ultra-linear response in the low and midrange frequencies, while the wide bandwidth tweeter extends the amplitude response beyond the 20kHz audibility threshold to 30kHz to improve the phase response within the audible band. This preserves the harmonic structure of sounds and the stability of the stereo image, ensuring stunningly accurate mix translation. Response has been optimized for quarter space near field operation, such as on a meter bridge or on a table either side of your control surface, while HF trim control allows fine-tuning.
The rigid MDF cabinet construction provides stiffness and minimizes coloration, while internal bracing of the sides and rear against the back of the bass driver provides a rigid reactive mass for the moving cone assembly; this ensures fast tight bass response and clear midrange. The curved edged design of the front baffle helps eliminate diffraction, while the front-firing bass port avoids the problem of exaggerated bass response as a result of boundary-coupling – a pitfall inherent with rear-firing designs when positioned close to a wall. The new elliptical tweeter waveguide has also been optimized to control high frequency directivity and minimize diffraction, ensuring a wide and even sweet spot.
The original Tannoy Reveal Active near field monitor has become an iconic fixture in recording studios across the world since its arrival in the mid-nineties, widely recognized as the product that defined the category and has been the active monitor of choice for thousands of amateur and professional recording, creative composition and postproduction facilities worldwide. Building upon this world-class reputation, the Tannoy Reveal Active series represents the latest evolution of Tannoy's high-resolution active reference monitor technology.
Whether you're building a studio on a budget and don't want to compromise on sonic quality, or you need an active monitor with a small footprint, the Reveal 501a offers the perfect solution. Built to the same superior standard as the rest of the new Reveal range, the Reveal 601p packs performance, accuracy and value into a compact enclosure. Priced competitively with the entry-level recording setup in mind, the Reveal 601p delivers a wide bandwidth performance that will impress even the most seasoned pro.
Ahead of the Curve
The sculpted curved edges of the new Reveal's front baffle help to eliminate unwanted diffraction caused when sound dispersed from the sides of the cabinet is scattered back into the near field causing interference and phase distortion. By carefully smoothing off these edges, this unwanted diffraction is significantly reduced, delivering critical improvements to frequency response and crystal clear imaging, even when off-axis.
Optimized Tweeter Design
In the pursuit of achieving a wide and even near-field monitoring 'sweet spot', delivering accurate and highly controlled high frequencies is critical. The new Reveals feature a brand new tweeter design comprising of soft dome HF driver coupled to an elliptical waveguide that has been optimized to provide very controlled high frequency directivity and minimize diffraction, providing a wide and consistent listening field.
Most studio monitors feature bass ports on the rear of their cabinet. This type of design leads to an inherent problem called bass-coupling whereby low frequencies are amplified when the monitors are located close to room boundaries, leading to colored and inaccurate mix results. The new Reveals feature front-firing reflex bass ports however, to allow for ideal positioning even within small or confined studio spaces, while still providing defined bass performance.
- Latest evolution of the original passive Reveal high definition reference monitor
- 6.5" (130mm) LF/MF driver and 1" (30mm) soft dome tweeter delivering wide frequency response of 63Hz – 30kHz
- Sculpted and rigid front baffle design to minimize diffraction
- Response has been optimized for quarter space near-field operation, such as on a meter bridge or on a table either side of your control surface
- Front firing reflex bass port to negate boundary-coupling
- 50-100W RMS Recommended Amp Power
- Bass unit development using to minimize offsets and linearise the suspension components.
- Wideband tweeter design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to improve the phase response from within the audible band.
- + 1.5 / 0 / -1.5dB HF trim switch for custom room adjustment
Equip your studio with an industry standard reference monitor without the excessive price tag.
Reveal 601P Near Field Studio Monitor
- Frequency Response (-3dB) (1): 63Hz - 30kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 – 100W RMS into 8 Ohms
- Power Handling:
- (2) Average 50W PMS
- Program: 100W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity SPL/ 1W @ 1m (3): 89dB
- Distortion <0.6%
- Crossover Frequency: 2.3kHz
- Dispersion (-6dB): 90 degrees
- Drive Unit LF/ Mid: 165mm (6.5") multi fibre pulp paper cone
- Drive Unit HF: 25mm (1") soft dome with neodymium magnet system
- Magnetic Shielding: No
- (1) ± 3dB measured at 1m in an anechoic chamber.
- (2) Long term power handling capacity as defined in EIA standard RS426A.
- (3) Averaged over specified bandwidth for half space environment.
- Low Frequency Alignment: Optimized front reflex loaded
- Cabinet Construction: MDF cabinet with injection molded
- front baffle
- Cabinet Finish: Black fine texture
- Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D): 13.4" x 8.3" x 10.7", (340 x 210 x 272mm)
- Cabinet Weight 13.7lb. (6.2kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: (H x W x D): 18.4" x 11.9" x 14.4", (466 x 302 x 366mm)
- Shipping Weight 16.3lb. (7.4kg)