- Product 604101
Tannoy Reveal 66 Passive Studio Reference Center Channel Monitor
- Write a Review
The Tannoy Reveal 66 monitor offers open and detailed reproduction of mid-high frequencies further enhanced with the inclusion of the Tannoy WideBand...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Tannoy Reveal 66 monitor offers open and detailed reproduction of mid-high frequencies further enhanced with the inclusion of the Tannoy WideBand high frequency unit to improve and extend the high frequency phase response. This ensures increased tonal accuracy of individual instruments in the reproduction process—a mix critical factor allowing the best EQ and placement decisions to be made.
- 40mm MDF sculpted baffle—stiff, heavy and rigid and minimises diffraction.
- Recessed drive units flush with the baffle surface—minimises diffraction.
- New tweeter has wide band design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 50kHz to correct the phase response from 8kHz to 20kHz within the audible band. This preserves the harmonic structure of sounds and the stability of the stereo image.
- Smooth tweeter faceplate contours prevent diffraction and cavity effects.
- 10 point fixing maximises contact between drive unit and baffle.
- New design bass units have aluminium flux control rings around the voice coils and copper caps on the pole pieces—linearises the voice coil motional impedance to reduce non linear (3rd order) distortion products caused by varying voice coil inductance. (Except R5A).
- Bass unit development using Klippell analysis equipment to minimise offsets and linearise the suspension components.
- 18mm MDF cabinet construction provides stiffness and minimises colouration.
- Internal construction braces the sides and rear of the cabinet against the rear of the bass driver to provide a rigid reactive mass for the moving cone assembly. Ensures fast tight bass response and clear midrange.
- Front baffle and rear panel tongued and grooved into the cabinet as a mechanical interlock for safety if wall mounted.
- Simple foolproof gold plated terminal panel. No degradation due to bi-wire links in the HF signal path.
- OmniMount friendly fixing points for wall mounting.
Reveal 66 Passive Studio Reference Center Channel Monitor
- Frequency Response:60Hz to 51kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 80 to 150W @ 8 ohm
- Power Handling Average RMS: 80W
- Power Handling Programme RMS: 150W
- Nominal Impedance: 6 ohm
- Sensitivity: 92dB for 1W at 1m
- Distortion: <0.6%
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7kHz
- Dispersion (@-6dB): 90 degrees
- DRIVE UNITS
- LF/MID: 2 x 165mm (6") multi fibre paper pulp cone
- WideBand™ HF: 25mm (1") titanium dome, neodymium magnet system.
- Shielded: Yes
- Type: Optimised bass-reflex loaded
- Construction: MDF cabinet and front baffle, Tongue and groove front and back
- Finish: Grey cabinet, Maroon painted baffle
- Cabinet dimensions (H x W x D): 230mm x 527mm x 340mm (9" x 20 3/4" x 13 3/8")
- Total Cabinet weight: 12.8kg (28.16lbs)