- Product 150379
Tapco DB-1P Passive Direct Box
- Write a Review
The DB-1P Passive DI box converts unbalanced line-level signals to balanced mic-level output and provide signal and impedance matching for the direct...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Passive direct box for connecting unbalanced high-output sources to XLR console inputs.
The DB-1P Passive DI box converts unbalanced line-level signals to balanced mic-level output and provide signal and impedance matching for the direct connection of instruments like guitars, basses and keyboards to amplifiers and mixers. A 1/4" input jack is provided for connecting instrument or speaker-level signals, and a separate 1/4" thru jack allows the unbalanced signal to be sent to an onstage amplifier while the balanced signal is sent to a mixer. A ground lift switch helps eliminate hum and buzz problems in musical instrument hookups.
Not every instrument is made to connect directly to a mixer. Guitars and basses have a lower output signal level, and their output is not balanced. If you plug them straight into a mixer, you have to jack the preamp level to the max just to get a quiet, wimpy sound. Most keyboards have unbalanced outputs, which means if you try to use long cables, they can pick up all sorts of noise. Direct Injection Boxes solve these and other sticky studio and live difficulties.
- INPUT: Connect the signal source to this 1/4" unbalanced TS jack
- INST/AMP: Lets you optimize for instrument signals or amplifier outputs
- FLAT/FILTER: Useful for eliminating hiss when connected to an amplifier output
- THRU: This 1/4" input lets you connect an instrument to an amplifier onstage
- OUTPUT: This balanced XLR jack provides a low-impedance mic-level signal for connecting to a microphone input on a mixer
- GND/LIFT: Helps to eliminate buzz and hum due to ground loops in the sound system
- High-performance Direct Injection box
- Rugged metal chassis with rubber sides for extra durability
- Convenient stackable design
- Filter for enhancing bass and guitar sounds
Order with confidence thanks to our 45-day lowest price and satisfaction guarantees.
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz — 20 kHz (+/- 0.05 dBm)
- Nominal Input Level: Inst: 0 dBm; Amp: 0 dBm
- Nominal Output Level: Inst: -21 dBm; Amp: -52 dBm
- Gain: Inst: -21 dBm; Amp: -52 dBm
- Residual Noise: Inst: -135 dBm; Amp: -135 dBm
- THD: 0.01%
- Dimensions: 2"H x 4.3"W x 4"D (51x109x102mm)
- Weight: 12 oz.