- Product 600293
Tapco SW-10 Active Studio Subwoofer
- Write a Review
The Tapco SW-10 Active Studio Subwoofer literally picks up where the hugely popular Tapco S-5 Active Studio Monitors left off. This Mackie-designed c...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Fully professional performance without the matching big price tag!
The Tapco SW-10 Active Studio Subwoofer literally picks up where the hugely popular Tapco S-5 Active Studio Monitors left off. This Mackie-designed compact subwoofer perfectly complements your Tapco S-Series studio monitors to provide tight, punchy low frequency sound. It's especially well suited to modern rock, hip-hop and dance music styles.
The SW-10 Active Studio Subwoofer employs an acoustic suspension design for tight, articulate bass, which provides an amazingly flat and linear low-frequency response down to 34 Hz. In other words, it's tight and low. Variable input sensitivity lets you adjust the volume so it's just right for your system. The onboard Active crossover is a Linkwitz-Riley design--usually found in much higher end speakers--providing a low end range of 55 Hz to 110 Hz at 24 dB/octave. The individual crossover controls for the left and right channels provide additional flexibility in surround sound applications with a subwoofer output and bass management (LFE). Finally, there's a polarity reverse switch for optimizing the performance of the SW-10 with the other speakers in your system.
The SW-10 bass speaker hooks up easily with any system. Left and right inputs are provided on both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA connectors. The SW-10 also offers dual high-pass outputs (also on XLR and RCA connectors) for connecting active monitors like the S-5s and S-8s, or passive speakers through a separate power amplifier. The SW-10's crossover splits off all of the bass frequencies from the incoming audio signals and sends the mids and highs to separate studio monitors. This way, the SW-10 focuses on the boom, and the other speakers handle the rest for improved efficiency and overall clarity.
Protecting your investment
The Tapco SW-10 is tuned to maximize efficiency, but it can get hot if you run it loud for long periods. If the electronics get too hot, a thermal switch activates and shuts down the amplifier until it's cool again. A peak limiter circuit also monitors the amplifier output signal to guard against clipping and overloading the amplifier. This allows for loud punchy bass performance without distortion, and ensures long-term reliability.
- Flat frequency response (±3 dB, 34 Hz to 110 Hz)
- 10" high-precision woofer with dual-voice coil
- 120-watt power amplifier
- High-strength cabinet constructed of 5/8" MDF composite
- High-density adiabatic fiberfill absorbs internal reflections
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA input and high-pass output connectors
- Individual left and right 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley crossovers, adjustable from 55 Hz to 110 Hz
- Rear panel power switch and AC voltage select
- User-adjustable sensitivity control
- Polarity Switch
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
- Free Field Frequency Response: 34 Hz — 110 Hz (±3 dB)
- Lower Cutoff Frequency: -3 dB @ 34 Hz
- Upper Cutoff Frequency: -3 dB @ 110 Hz
- Maximum SPL @ 1 meter, 7.5 dBu into both Balanced Inputs: 103 dB SPL @ 1m
- Low Frequency Driver: 10 in/254 mm woofer with steel frame, dual voice coil, and paper cone
- Rated Power: 120 watts rms into a 4-ohm load (60 watts rms x 2)
- Burst Power: 270 watts rms into a 4-ohm load (135 watts rms x 2)
- Slew Rate: > 15 V/microsecond
- Distortion (THD, SMPTE IMD, DIM 100): < 0.03%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 110 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, A-weighted, referenced to 60 watts into 4 ohms
- Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB
- Crossover Type: 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley
- Crossover Frequency: Variable, 55 Hz to 110 Hz
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhms, balanced bridging; 10 kOhms unbalanced
- US: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Europe: 240 VAC, 50 Hz
- Korea (AC Power Select at 230 V): 220 VAC, 60 Hz
- Japan (AC Power Select at 115 V): 100 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- AC Connector: 2-pin IEC 250 VAC, 16 A male
- Fuse: 115 VAC: T 1.6 A/250 V, 230 VAC: T 800 mA/250 V
- Power Consumption: 80 watts with music, loud mix
- 20 watts quiescent (idle)
- Enclosure: 0.625" (16mm) thick MDF
- Damping: Adiabatic fiberfill
- Without feet: 11.8"H x 12"W x 12.4"D (300x295x315mm)
- With feet: 11.8"H x 12.3"W x 12.4"D (300x312x315mm)
- Weight: 28 lbs. (12.7 kg)