- Product 240843
Tascam TM-D4000A ADAT Digital Mixer
- Write a Review
The TM-D4000A is TASCAM's third generation of digital mixers, benefiting from seven years' development of digital mixing technology. The TM-D4000A is...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A 32-channel, 8-bus, 6 auxiliary digital mixer with built-in effects and surround mix capabilities.
The TM-D4000A is TASCAM's third generation of digital mixers, benefiting from seven years' development of digital mixing technology. The TM-D4000A is a 32-channel, 8-bus, 6 auxiliary send digital mixer with built-in effects and surround mix capabilities.
For users wanting even more channels, up to four TM-D4000As can be cascaded with the built-in cascade port. A flexible I/O structure and extensive built-in machine control capabilities allow users to integrate this mixer into many live and recording situations. Single layer buttons and a large, clear screen offer intuitive navigation of this feature-packed mixer. Libraries for EQ curves, dynamics, snapshots, and effects allow frequent settings to be recalled at any time. Dynamic automation can be accomplished with the included Windows 95/98 software application.
The first 8 channels of the TM-D4000A are dedicated to analog input, providing 8 mic preamps and balanced TRS inputs with insert points. The remaining 24 channels are configured with I/O cards in 8-channel blocks with the 3 card slots in the back panel.
Slots 2 and 3 of the TM-D4000A are equipped with IF-LP4000 Lightpipe cards. In addition to the audio I/O, these cards also offer remote control for an ADAT. The TM-D4000A can then act as a powerful remote control for these recorders. The large time code display on the front panel of the TM-D4000A will also be able to display tape location from the remote port.
The TM-D4000A is an incredibly cost effective mixer, and is flexible enough to fit into a number of applications.
Personal and Project Studios
The TM-D4000A is a wonderful centerpiece for studios based around MDMs (Modular Digital Multitracks). A digital mixer minimizes the A/D and D/A conversions, allowing the highest quality audio available. The TDIF and Lightpipe cards come with their associated machine control built-in, offering direct control right from the surface of the console. The added value of all the dynamic processors, extensive EQ, and built-in effects offer mix control far beyond anything found in analog consoles many times the price. Plus, dynamic automation capabilities with the external Windows 95/98 computer and surround sound capabilities solidify the mixer's relevance well into the future of DVD audio delivery.
Audio for Video
The TM-D4000A has 8 high-quality mic preamps and surround mixing capabilities, offering a powerful solution for monitor mixes in ADR and Foley stages, as well as recording simple surround stems for later assembly. The TM-D4000A has a standard 9-pin port for controlling video decks, and can be equipped with AES/EBU cards for interfacing with most any digital audio workstation. For larger projects, up to four TM-D4000As can be cascaded providing up to 128 channels.
- 32 Mono & 2 stereo inputs
- 8 Buses & 6 auxiliary sends
- 24-Bit A/D and D/A converters
- 8 High-quality analog inputs with XLR & TRS inputs
- 4-Band parametric EQ and dynamic processor on each channel, aux return, and stereo output
- 100mm Long-throw motorized faders
- Stereo effect processor
- Built-in full-featured machine control
- S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital I/O
- Built-in cascade port supporting up to 4 mixers
- Surround capabilities for 5.1 (Dolby Digital) and
- LCRS (Pro Logic) Systems
- Libraries for EQ, dynamics, effects, and snapshots
- Dynamic automation package Included for Windows 95/98 computers
TM-D4000A ADAT Digital Mixer
- MIC Inputs (CH 1-8): Balanced XLR, +67dB Max Gain (Pad Off)
- Line Inputs (CH 1-8): Balanced TRS, +39dB Max Gain (Pad Off)
- Insert Connections: Unbalanced TRS
- OL LED (CH 1-8): Lights at -3dB Full Scale
- Stereo In: Unbalanced 1/4", +4dBu Nominal
- Aux Sends 1-6: Balanced 1/4", +4dBu Nominal
- Stereo Output: Balanced XLR, +4dBu Nominal Unbalanced RCA, -10dBu Nominal
- 2 Track Return: Balanced XLR, +4dBu Nominal Unbalanced RCA, -10dBu Nominal
- CR Monitor Outputs: Unbalanced 1/4", +4dBv Nominal
- Studio Monitor Outputs: Unbalanced 1/4", +6dBu Nominal
- Phones: 1/4" Stereo, 40 Ohm, 50mW per side
- Digital In/Out 1: XLR, AES/EBU (AES3-1992 data format)
- Digital In/Out 2: RCA, S/PDIF (IEC60958 data format)
- Sample Frequencies: 44.1kHz & 48kHz, accurate to ±50ppm
- Supported Fs Variances: Supported Fs Variances:
- Word Sync In and Out: BNC, TTL level, 75 Ohm
- RS-422: Female DB9, conforms to RS-422 spec
- To Host: Female DB9, conforms to RS-422 spec
- MIDI Ports: IN, OUT, THRU on 5 pin DINs
- TC In: Unbalanced RCA, 20 kOhm, -30dBV
- Cascade In/Out: DB25, uses optional PW-4000CS cable
- To Meter: DB37, connects to optional MU-4000
- Power Requirements: US/Canada: 120VAC, 60Hz Europe: 230VAC, 50Hz Australia: 240VAC, 50Hz
- A/D, D/A Converters: 24 bit, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- Overall Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz, +0.5dB, -1dB
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Dimensions (mixer only): 644x237x703mm, 25.4" x 9.3" x 27.7"
- Weight: 26kg (57.2 lbs)
- Standard Accessories: Moxa CI-132 ISA card, Serial Cable, Automation Software