- Product 240289
TC Electronic Konnekt 24D FireWire Audio Interface
- Write a Review
Konnekt 24D is designed for recording and performing musicians who want the highest possible sound quality from input to the recording application. Y...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Gives you TC's world-famous processing in a state-of-the-art computer audio interface.
Konnekt 24D is designed for recording and performing musicians who want the highest possible sound quality from input to the recording application. You also get realtime effects processing thanks to the integrated Fabrik C channel strip and Fabrik R reverb from TC's PowerCore platform that even works in standalone mode.
Two combo inputs on the front panel combine outstanding mic preamp quality with true Hi-Z guitar optimized inputs. The light ring gives you easy access, instant control and visual feedback on important parameters directly from the front panel. You can stack up to four Konnekts together using TC NEAR”Network Expandable Audio Recording”to obtain a massive amount of I/O and effects channels. If you are working with active monitors, you'll be delighted with the analog volume control that ensures a wide dynamic range. Dual headphone outputs are convenient when you're two in studio and one of the headphone outputs comes with an auto speaker muting function. If you don't need all the I/O or the DSP effects, choose Konnekt 8, which is a non-DSP version of Konnekt 24D with less I/O.
TC effects inside
TC has built two of the newest and most innovative TC effects into the Konnekt 24D”Fabrik C channel strip and Fabrik R reverb, both known from the PowerCore platform. Once you're connected you have instant access to superior reverbs and dynamics processing. In fact what you get is rack-mount quality processing that you normally only would find in a dedicated 19" rack unit. The effects can be used in stand-alone mode and offer unique direct monitoring capabilities, even between devices. Both Fabrik C and Fabrik R are based on MINT”Meta Intuitive Navigation Technology”a completely new approach to working with audio. The MINT technology allows you to execute complex audio adjustments simply by moving icons around the screen.
Ultimate signal path
Konnekt 24D is designed with an ultimate signal path. The 24-bit/192 kHz audio interface is based on TC's years of research into analog design and converter technology, as well as the experience from other landmark products like the Finalizer and the flagship System 6000.
The internal architecture ensures optimal performance and quality, and gives you an optimum signal path from the inputs, through to the built-in real-time DSP, and on to the recording application.
Konnekt 24D also includes Assimilator Konnekt which is an extremely powerful equalization tool that "learns" the frequency curve of one piece of audio so it can be applied to another audio file - Ideal for analyzing and copying EQ curves of individual instruments, voices or reference mixes. It truly shines when applied to align the frequency response of different tracks recorded at different times compiled to appear on the same album.
IMPACT” Integrated Mic PreAmp Circuit Technology
Konnekt comes with two high quality IMPACT preamps that give you the very best opportunity to make outstanding quality recordings. The IMPACT preamps are based on dedicated and steadfast technology that ensures a perfect and unbiased signal flow, from start to finish.
Hi-Z guitar optimized inputs
If you want to retain the sonic quality of your guitar it is required that you use a high impedance input when you plug a passive guitar or bass into an audio interface. For that reason we've designed a dedicated analog circuit for the Hi-Z inputs. It gives you a true high impedance input that secures the original sonic quality and spectrum of the instrument.
Analog Volume Control for Integration with Active Monitors
The analog volume control gives you perfect control of your active speakers. Most digital devices handle volume in the digital domain, leaving the analog outputs at full volume. When these outputs are sent to powered monitors, which are also at full volume, it can create a noticeably high noise floor. The volume knob is a pure analog volume control, which is closely integrated with the analog circuit design, and it makes sure that you get the very best listening conditions with the lowest possible noise floor.
Instant Front Panel Control
The TC multi-function light ring is a very simple interface that gives you access to a wealth of possibilities, especially when you are using the stand alone mode. It gives you easy access, instant control and visual feedback on important parameters directly from the front panel. If you don't want to turn on your computer, but still want to use the TC effects in the Konnekt 24D, you can access them directly from the front panel by using the light ring. You can plug your guitar directly into the Konnekt 24D, and control dedicated parameters like the reverb return level or the reverb decay time of the Fabrik R reverb.
Intuitive Control Panel
From your computer you can operate the control panel with access to the full feature set of the Konnekt 24D. The control panel has been designed for intuitive and speedy control. TC has integrated an intelligent input sensing system that detects what inputs you're currently using. As soon as you connect a device, microphone, guitar, or something else to the analog inputs, the input automatically shows on the control panel.
- Integrated realtime DSP effects; Fabrik R reverb and Fabrik C channel strip based on MINT
- Outstanding IMPACT mic preamps
- Hi-Z guitar inputs”dedicated circuits for guitar and bass
- Ultimate signal path from input, through built-in real-time effects, to the recording application
- Front panel control of internal mixer parameters
- Analog volume control for perfect integration with powered speakers
- Full feature stand alone mode
- Network up to 4 units via the TC NEAR 1394 FireWire based network to get more inputs, outputs and effects channels
- Full feature direct monitoring”With effects and also between networked units
- Intuitive control panel with automatic input detection
- 3 DSP programs for total recall of internal routing, mixer and effects settings
- FireWire bus powered
- DICEII digital interface chip with JETtm Jitter Elimination Technology
- Low latency drivers: WDM, ASIO and CoreAudio (including Intel Macs)
- Dual headphone outputs, one with auto speaker muting
- 24-bit/192kHz sampling rate
- Sample accurate MIDI
- 14/14 I/O: 2 mic/inst/line, 2 line inputs and 4 line outputs, 8 ADAT and 2 S/PDIF (optical and coaxial) inputs and outputs
Konnekt 24D FireWire Audio Interface
- Connector (S/PDIF): RCAPhono, 75 Ohm
- Formats (S/PDIF and TosLink) *1) : S/PDIF (24 bit), IEC 958, Pro-status bits
- Connector (ADATor TosLink) *2): Optical Pipe
- Format (ADAT) *3): 8-ch. @ 48 kHz, 4-ch. SMUX @ 96 kHz
- Firewire: IEEE 1394a, S400, IEC 61883
- Digital IO Engine: TC DICE II, handling all IO formats
- Internal Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz,
- External Sample Rates: 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz
- Jitter Rejection Engine: 43 to 193 kHz, jitter rejection at all rates
- Jitter Rejection Filter: JETTM technology in TC DICE II
- Processing Delay DIO @ 96/48 kHz: 0.15/0.3 ms
- Frequency Response DIO: DC to 23.9 kHz ± 0.01 dB @ 48 kHz
- Connectors: 1/4" Phone Jack (balanced)
- Impedance, Bal/Unbal: 20 kOhm/25 kOhm
- Full Scale Input Level @ 0 dBFS: +13 dBu
- 108 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Freq. Response: +0/-0.5 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Ato D Conversion: 24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream
- Ato D Delay: 0.68 ms / 0.63 ms @ 44.1 kHz / 48 kHz
- Connectors: Neutrik Combo (XLR)
- -52/ -32 dBu
- Total Preamp gain: 62 dB
- Impedance, Pad on/off: 2000/1300 ohm
- EIN @ Rg = 150 ohm, Max. Gain: -127 dBu
- 106 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Connectors: Neutrik Combo (1/4" Phone Jack)
- +17 dBu
- Total Preamp gain: 42 dB
- Impedance: 1 Mohm
- 104 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Connectors: 1/4" Phone Jack. Ground sensing design.
- Impedance: 100 Ohm
- +12 dBu (analog gain scale)
- Fixed Full Scale Range (Ch. 3,4): +12 dBu
- 108 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Freq. Response: +0/-0.1 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- D to AConversion: 24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream
- D to ADelay: 0.70 ms / 0.65 ms @ 44.1 kHz / 48 kHz
- Connectors : 2 x 1/4" Phone Jack (Stereo)
- Impedance : 80 Ohm
- +16 dBu @ 300 ohms (analog gain scale)
- 100 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Freq. Response: +0/-0.1 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Power @ 40 Ohm Load: 200mW
- Power @ 600 Ohm Load: 93mW
- Complies With: EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2, FCC part 15, Class B, CISPR 22, Class B
- Certified To: IEC 60065, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA
- E60065 CSAFILE #LR108093
- Operating Temperature: 32 degrees F to 122 degrees F (0 degrees C to 50 degrees C)
- Storage Temperature: -22 degrees F to 167 degrees F (-30 degrees C to 70 degrees C)
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- MIDI: In/Out: 5 Pin DIN
- Firewire (DAW): IEEE 1394a, IEC 61883
- Dimensions: 9.5" x 1.75" x 9" (241.5 x 44 x 226 mm)
- Weight: 3.3 lb. (1.5 kg)
- Finish: Acrylic front panel. Plated and coated steel
- back plate. Anodized aluminum cover.
- PPM Meter (Ch. 1,2): 3 LED's pr. channel.
- Power Supply (Included) : 12V DC, Adapter for 90 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto select)
- Firewire Bus Powered: 8 to 30 VDC
- Warranty Parts and labor: 1 year
- Notes for Konnekt 8 *1) S/PDIFonly
- *2) Not available
- *3) Not available
- *4) Line 1+2 recordable + AUX 1+2
- *5) Two outputs on
- Please note: Technical specifications are subject to change
- without notice.
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I was shopping for a portable firewire interface. I bought Konnekt 24D. TC Electronic Konnekt 24D didn't met my expectations based on promos and specs. Instead of working and making recordings I spent three days trying to troubleshoot major bugs and crashes on my Mac G4 dual and Mac G4 Powerbook Titanium running Logic. I read all postings on TC site about firmware, drivers, OSX, etc. Nothing is working right and 3 days after no answer form TC Electronic support which is email only. Looks like this product is not ready for Mac OSX at this time.
First, I would highly recommend this unit if it were well made. The design and features are awesome and the drivers work great with XP. The converters are very nice at this price. The assimilator software is also quite useful. I have been able to dial up very low latency with Reaper and Tracktion, and have gotten great sounds using it as my A/D converter for tracking up to four sources at once.However, this unit has a fatal flaw related to quality control: the main output potentiometer (knob) will likely go bad (mine did after about fourteen months) and this will render the entire unit unusable. My unit only outputs one of the two main channels of audio and there is no way to bypass this knob. A quick search of the tc electronics user forums reveals that many, many konnekt users have had this problem and the only solution is a new unit or a new pot soldered in. This is a relatively difficult/expensive repair because the pot is factory soldered to the main pcb. TC service does not appear to be very quick to solve this problem, which seems to show up sometime after the 12 month warranty has expired.Based on my problems and the problems widely reported at tc's official forums I absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND this product. You will likely find yourself the frustrated owner of a $499 brick, sooner or later. It sounds like even the more recently manufactured units have this flaw. Again, BUYER BEWARE! This is unfortunate because if the Konnekt were made well, and/or well-backed by the manufacturer, it would be awesome for my needs which are pretty basic home recording.
This is my first and only audio interface. I wanted a high quality interface that, as a budding recording artist, I wouldn't outgrow for a long time. I have an Intel based iMac, and it looks great sitting next to it. The only problem I've had, is it doesn't always work so smoothly with Macs. On the update page, there's constantly a message saying they are aware of the issues with Macs and are working to resolve them.he biggest issue I've had with this thing is when I turn it on, it works, but acts like it needs more power. Since it's firewire, and nothing else is even plugged in, I refuse to use the power supply - I shouldn't have to. I very recently discovered that the firewire cable apparently has trouble connecting with the interface, and if I wiggle it around, it will power up like it needs to. Way more effort than necessary, but after that it works great. It can get a little noisy if you crank it up loud, but other than that it does it's job.Oh yeah, and the software it comes with is confusing. The software lets you add reverb and custom settings, but it's a real puzzle to figure out.