- Product 181052
TC Electronic Powercore X8 Sonnox Bundle
- Write a Review
PowerCore X8 software bundle from TC Electronic provides a massive amount of power, with 8 x 150MHz DSPs, oodles of RAM, and is made for high-end mus...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
8-core hardware DSP and TC's studio-quality plug-ins for DAW mixing.
PowerCore X8 software bundle from TC Electronic provides a massive amount of power, with 8 x 150MHz DSPs, oodles of RAM, and is made for high-end music production environments where quality and processing capabilities are required. It includes two highly acclaimed Sonnox plug-ins - the Oxford EQ and Oxford Dynamics, both ported directly from the million-dollar Sony Oxford console - in addition to 14 included TC Electronic plug-ins, like the Dynamic EQ as well as the DeNoise plug-in from the Restoration Suite package. This bundle also gives you a $500 voucher so you can visit www.tcelectronics.com and pick out more software plug-ins you want.
Even complex mixes are possible with just a laptop and one PowerCore X8. The unique combination of a floating-point Power PC with 8 Motorola DSPs, ensures tight integration into the native world while at the same time maintaining all of the advantages that DSPs offer for signal processing.
PowerCore's software and hardware has been designed to be future-proof and give the utmost quality sound possible. Extremely power demanding tools like mastering dynamics, reverbs, and other professional virtual processors run on PowerCore without draining the host computer's resources. With the introduction of the optional MD3 Stereo Mastering Package for PowerCore, even the most demanding mastering tasks can be performed with the PowerCore X8.
PowerCore X8 delivers an array of powerful tools right out of the box. Among the 14 virtual processors included, you get a complete collection of dynamics processing, including a virtual Finalizer (Master X), Vintage Compression and a Voice Channel Strip. You also get two TC-quality Reverbs, Modulation Effects, EQs, Synthesis, and more. From the large bulk of optional plug-ins from TC Electronic and 3rd party developers, there are choice treasures for virtually any professional application. Among them are the Restoration Suite, and the System 6000 plug-ins for PowerCore like the MD3 Stereo Mastering package and the VSS3 Stereo Source Reverb.
PowerCore X8 bundle ships with PowerCore 3.0 software, which is the biggest update to the PowerCore music software package yet, with lot of enhancements and new features based upon a great deal of input from previous users.
- 8 150MHz Motorola DSPs for running a massive number of high-end plug-ins
- Built-in demo system for all TC distributed optional plug-ins
- $500 voucher for customizing the plug-in bundle
- Very broad ecosystem of optional TC and 3rd-party plug-ins
- Includes PowerCore 3.0 software
- Included Plug-ins
- Sonnox Oxford Dynamics: Based on original Sony Oxford digital console in pristine 48-bit precision
- Sonnox Oxford EQs: Based on original Sony Oxford digital console in pristine 48-bit precision.
- 24/7¢C: Vintage compression and limiting
- Character: Audio processing that employs both the frequency response and dynamic properties of the input source in a time-varying sense
- Chorus¢Delay: Modulation Multi-FX that recreates the 1210 Spatial Expander with its unique modulation images like Chorus, Flanging, and Slap Delay with flexible routing and filtering facilities
- ClassicVerb: Adds warm, lush reverb effects often associated with big expensive hardware processors
- DeNoise: Optimized for broadband noise removal, from tape hiss to static environmental noise
- Dynamic EQ: A new tool for any mixing or mastering situation. This virtual processor eliminates the shortcomings of static EQ by providing a dynamically applied equalization
- EQSat Custom: A clean sounding and carefully crafted EQ-model for any application including mastering
- Filtroid: Dual filters and extensive modulation capabilities bring out the sound of analog filter banks
- MasterX3: The virtual incarnation of the TC Electronic Finalizer, it's a mastering processor for any mixes or masters
- MegaReverb: Hi-end reverb based on years of ongoing research and the core technology of the TC Electronic M5000 hi-end studio processor
- PowerCore 01: A mono-synth that delivers results similar to the SH-101, with some added features like velocity and drive
- PowerCore CL: This vintage plug-in delivers hi-quality compression and limiting on each channel - up to 28 Vintage CLs can be run on one PowerCore card
- Tubifex: Based on a classic 12AX7 design, it features three tube stages and a speaker simulator for truly convincing amp modeling
Get more power, speed, high-end processing, and more of the plug-ins you want with this bundle. Order today!
Powercore X8 Sonnox Bundle
- Dimensions: 19" rack
S-RAM: 8 x 512 kWords
DSP: 8 x 150MHz
Desktop or laptop
G4, G5, or Intel (733MHz or better)
Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
512 MB RAM or more
400 MBit FireWire connector
VST, Audio Units or RTAS) compatible application such as Logic, Nuendo, Live or Digital Performer
Desktop or laptop.
Pentium 4, 1.4 GHz or better
Windows XP or higher
512 MB RAM or more
400 MBit FireWire connector (IEEE 1394)
PowerCore and VST
PowerCore is compatible with all VST host applications, such as Nuendo, Ableton Live, Cubase, Sonar, Wavelab, Acid, Sound Forge, a number of film- & post applications, and more so you can use all PowerCore plug-ins within these programs.
PowerCore and Audio Units
Compatible with Apple's Audio Units (AU) format, PowerCore plug-ins will run in all AU compatible host applications such as Logic, GarageBand, and a number of film- & post applications.
PowerCore and RTAS (Pro Tools)
You can use all PowerCore plug-ins within RTAS-compatible host applications, such as Pro Tools, via a VST-RTAS wrapper (from www.FXpansion.com).
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Added this recently to Logic 8 - installed as an AU in the AU Manager no problem. Works just like any other AU plug but sounds 200% better. Some of the plugs are simply awesome - TC reverbs, delays and the Tube Tech CL 1B compressor are phenomenal. Fabrik is like another instrument. Sonnox plugs in Waveburner makes producing masters a one-hour job. The only gripe is that this unit greatly prefers 44.1K. I had to abandon two 48K projects as Powercore maxed out quickly and kept crashing Logic. In 44.1K you have power to burn. I am getting to the point that I couldn't work without this stuff.