- Product H73317
Thermionic Culture Culture Vulture Stereo Tube Odd/Even Harmonic Distortion
- Write a Review
The Culture Vulture is a two-channel unit for adding harmonic distortion to a variety of input sources.Originally designed as a "distortion box" to s...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Secret weapon of the studio revealed: stereo tube distortion by Thermionic Culture.
The Culture Vulture is a two-channel unit for adding harmonic distortion to a variety of input sources.Originally designed as a "distortion box" to simulate distortion in valve (tube) amps, the Culture Vulture by Thermionic Culture has found lots of uses beyond this. Some owners use them on drum loops, vocals, piano sounds, and even across entire tracks (it is a stereo unit).
The Culture Vulture is the first and only all-tube unit, dedicated to producing the best harmonic distortion money can buy. It can warm a sound gently, or create a noise like a 200-watt guitar stack overdriven with all speakers slashed. By biasing and configuring the distortion valve (6AS6), three types of distortion with infinite variations can be achieved. Although the unit can be ‘clean’ (less than 0.2% THD), added tube distortion may be quite desirable, improving naturality and smoothing off unwanted digital spikes. But The Culture Vulture can be used for effects! Push it and try it!
The Culture Vulture gives you total control over the type and amount of distortion, which can be changed from even to odd harmonics, or a combination of both. Starved, the sound from The Vulture becomes thin and loses its body, overfed, it becomes fatter and more rounded.
The Culture Vulture features two channels that can be used independently on individual tracks, or put across a whole stereo
Thermionic Culture has refined the Culture Vulture so that distortion figures are reduced to only 0.2% at lowest to about 99.9%. Predominant distortion can be changed from even to odd harmonics with a simple switch. According the Thermionic Culture, a Culture Vulture was recently rented to mix a JAMES BOND movie!
- Warm sounds gently or create a noise like a 200 watt guitar stack with all the drivers slashed
- Independent channel operation
- Odd or even harmonic distortion, or combination of both
- All-tube design free from solid state additives
- High-impedance line input or instrument inputs
- 4 & 7kHz filters
Experience the joys of the Culture Vulture in action. Order today!
Culture Vulture Stereo Tube Odd/Even Harmonic Distortion
- Maximum output level: +17dBV
- Distortion: 0.2% to 99.5%
- Noise: Better than 75dB below M. O. L. at typical settings
- Input Impedance: 30k ohm
- Output Impedance: 2k ohm ( should ideally drive a 10k ohm+ input impedance)
- Frequency response: +/- 1.75dB over 50Hz to 15kHz (at low distortion)
- Max Gain (clean): 35dB
- Max Gain (overdriven): >60dB
- Tube Complement:
- Input: EF86 x2
- Output: 5963 (equiv. 12AU7/ ECC82 near equiv.)
- Distortion: 6AS6 x2