- Product H81668
Thermionic Culture Early Bird 2.2 Dual-Channel Tube Preamp
- Write a Review
There’s nothing that sounds quite like a great tube mic pre. The Earlybird 2.2 stereo mic/line preamp and EQ from Thermionic Culture uses a unique ba...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The tonal sweetness of an all-tube design matched with incredible versatility
There’s nothing that sounds quite like a great tube mic pre. The Earlybird 2.2 stereo mic/line preamp and EQ from Thermionic Culture uses a unique balanced push-pull circuit to provide loads of headroom and minimal distortion, all with an exceptionally low noise floor. Coupled with Earlybird’s switchable input impedance and optimized transformer design, this circuit provides incredibly natural, transparent audio quality with virtually any sound source and microphone combination. The built-in active “Varislope” EQ plus available permanent connection for the Thermionic Culture Pullet passive EQ enables a huge range of tone-shaping and sculpturing possibilities.
Unlike many mic pres, the Earlybird 2.2 is also capable of adding sonic character after tracking with line level inputs available for mixing and mastering use when you need that extra little bit of personality to make your tracks truly come alive.
The commitment of Thermionic Culture’s founder, Vic Keary, to high-quality tube audio gear dates back to the first studio he built in the 1950’s, and his company has taken the best of what tubes have to offer, updating the circuits for the low-noise and distortion levels required for modern recording. Solid-state components are confined to power supplies so that the audio path is pure tube musicality.
- Two-channel, all-tube mic preamp with EQ
- All-tube circuit with no solid state components in signal path ensure signal purity
- Custom-designed input and output transformers
- Switchable input impedance
Hear the difference a great mic pre makes to your sound - order one today.
Early Bird 2.2 Dual-Channel Tube Preamp
- Input Impedance: Mic: 300 or 1200 ohms, switchable, balanced; Pad: 1.8kΩ; Line: 12.7kΩ’;Pullet: 1.2kΩ
- Output Impedance: <300Ω
- Maximum Gain: 62dB
- Maximum Output Level (MOL): +33dBm (36V RMS)
- Phase Shift: HF: 16 degrees (4.5%) @ 10kHz; LF: 0 within audible range
- Distortion (THD): 1kHz: 0.005%; 100Hz: 0.007%/0.012%
- Frequency response: +/-0.5 dB: 11Hz to 26 kHz; +/-1 dB: 8Hz to 65kHz
- Total Noise, unweighted, 30kHz filter: 114dB below MOL
- EQ, active controls @ max: Bass: +17dB @ 50 Hz; Mid: +15dB @ 800 Hz & 2.5 kHz; Top: +20dB @ 10 kHz
- Mid frequency selector: 800Hz & 2.5kHz
- Gain settings (dB): Mic: 36, 44, 52 & 60; Line:−-8, 0, 8 & 16
- High Pass Filter (Hz): 0, 40, 100, 800
- Output trim: −18 dB to 0 dB linear reverse attenuator
- Input and output connectors: 8-XLR, wired balanced ( 2x mic in, 2x line in, 2x pullet in, 2x line out )
- Fuses: 115V: T1.25A 230V: T0.63A
- Tube Complement (2ea) — Input: ECC83 (equiv. 7025, 12AX7LPS); Output: ECC82 (equiv. 6189, 12AU7)