- Product 184004
TL Audio Classic EQ-2
- Write a Review
The TL Audio Classic EQ-2 is a high-end equalizer offering the power and flexibility on a par with the very best EQs in the industry. The EQ-2 featu...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
High-end tube EQ with military spec components.
The TL Audio Classic EQ-2 is a high-end equalizer offering the power and flexibility on a par with the very best EQs in the industry. The EQ-2 features a raven blue 6mm CNC milled aluminum front panel, General Electric US military-specification valves and high-retention gold-plated ceramic-valve bases, but TL Audio also added two much-requested features: a peaking/shelving switch on the low-frequency and high-frequency bands, and drive/peak LEDs. The internal circuit design has also been refined quite significantly to produce an even fatter, smoother sounding equalizer.
The EQ-2 boasts two channels of fully parametric 4-band valve equalization--which, in conjunction with variable high- and low-cut filters, offers unlimited control of any audio source. But that's not all: unlike many valve equalizers, the EQ-2 provides continuously variable frequency controls, so choice of frequency is not limited to switched selections. It also features a pair of the acclaimed TL Audio mic preamps (with phantom power), to enable high quality direct-to-tape microphone recording, and a pair of front panel auxiliary inputs enable a guitar or keyboard to directly access the EQ-2.
Another refinement is the stereo mode switch: When activated, the EQ controls of Channel A automatically process the signal on Channel B in an identical fashion - thus the audio signals through both channels have the same EQ applied to them: ideal for precise equalization of stereo sources and overall mixes. The EQ-2 is one of the best sounding and most versatile equalizers currently available.
The EQ-2 employs a total of six valve stages per channel: one in each of the four EQ bands, followed by a pair in the output stage. General Electric US military specification valves are used throughout, run from a stabilized 250v DC supply.
About TL Audio
TL Audio began manufacturing audio products in 1990, when the company - founded by Tony Larking - was largely involved in the restoration and reselling of vintage equipment such as Neve and Trident recording consoles. The first TL Audio products were original Neve EQ modules, which were taken principally from broadcast consoles and repackaged to make them suitable for music production studios. A little later, Tony Larking joined forces with David Kempson, a leading designer at Neve for nine years.
By 1993 the demand for used valve outboard equipment had become very strong but most models such as the original Pultec and Fairchild valve devices were already extremely rare and expensive. There appeared an obvious gap in the market for brand new affordable valve products and the result was TL Audio's first valve product - the EQ-1 Dual Valve Equalizer. This product revolutionized the studio market by offering reliable, flexible, great sounding valve processing that was within the budget of most studios. The EQ-1 quickly attracted the interest of mainstream engineer/producers, with the first two production models going to Roy Thomas Baker (who had produced many of Queen and Foreigner's early recordings) and Chris Porter (who was working with George Michael and Take That).
The EQ-1 was the first of what became known as the 'Classic' range, and was followed by what has become possibly TL Audio's best known product - the C-1 Dual Valve Compressor, which shot to stardom as Chris Fogel's mixdown compressor on Alanis Morissette's multi-million selling Jagged Little Pill album.
Today, TL Audio has become one of the most respected names currently manufacturing Pro Audio equipment. According to designer David Kempson, "Our hybrid design approach was not chosen to cut costs: we created it because we genuinely believe it is a better way of producing valve processors. It makes them consistent, reliable, quiet, and - best of all - it means that by gearing ourselves up for large-scale production we can make the products affordable as well. Every studio deserves to benefit from the advantages of valve signal processing - with our products, we make that possible."
TL Audio ” Plug in the real thing.
- 2 channels--each with 4 bands of fully parametric valve equalization
- Low-frequency band variable from 30Hz to 3kHz
- Low-mid-frequency band variable from 30Hz to 3kHz
- High-mid-frequency band variable from 1kHz to 20kHz
- High-frequency band variable from 1kHz to 20kHz
- Each band offers ±15dB of gain and variable Q between 0.5 and 5
- Peak/shelf switch on both low-freqency and high-frequency bands
- EQ bypass switch on each channel and band
- Continuously variable high- and low-cut filters (12dB/oct) with bypass switches
- Low-cut filter variable from 30Hz to 1kHz
- High-cut filter variable from 1kHz to 25kHz
- Output level control giving ±15dB trim
- Drive and Peak LEDs indicate internal signal levels
- Balanced microphone and line level inputs with variable gain control
- Balanced line outputs, switchable for -10dB or +4dB operation
- Line inputs and outputs duplicated on unbalanced jack connections
- Front panel instrument inputs (for guitars/keyboards etc)
- 48v phantom power
- Insert point on each channel (between mic preamp and EQ section)
- Status LEDs on all function switches
- Frequency response 20Hz to 40kHz +0 / -1dB
Warm up those cold digital nights with TL tube EQ on your 2-bus. Order yours today!
- Impedance: >2k
- Gain range: +10 to +60dB
- Input Noise (EIN): -127dBu (22Hz-22kHz)
- Max input level: +10dBu
- Line Input: (Balanced) Impedance: > 5k
- Gain range: -20dB to +30dB
- Max input level: +24 dBu
- (Unbalanced) Impedance: > 5k
- Gain range: -10dB to +35dB
- Max input level: +24dBu
- Auxiliary Input: Impedance: 220k
- Max gain: 40dB
- Max input level: +22dBu
- Output: Balanced output impedance: 47
- Max level: +26dBu
- Unbalanced output impedance: 47
- Max level: +20dBu into 10k
- Insert point: stereo jack, tip=send, ring=return
- Nominal level: -2dBu
- Output impedance: 47, Return input impedance: 10k
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 40kHz +0 / -1dB
- Dynamic Range: >100dB
- Power supply: 110-120v or 220-240v AC
- Power consumption: 35VA typical
- Dimensions: 483 x 250 x 132mm (19" 3U)
- Weight: 9kg Shipping Weight: 10kg.