- Product 184021
TL Audio Ivory 5052 Stereo Tube Processor
- Write a Review
The TL Audio 5052 is a 2-channel Tube Processor is the latest addition to the best-selling Ivory 2 series. The 5052 provides everything you would exp...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
The TL Audio 5052 is a 2-channel Tube Processor is the latest addition to the best-selling Ivory 2 series. The 5052 provides everything you would expect from a high-quality channel strip product, and then doubles it, making it the ideal system front end and the perfect stereo mixdown and mastering device. While most channel strip products provide a single mono channel made up of preamp, dynamics and EQ stages, the 5052 Processor provides two channels of each with independent stereo linking of the compressor, EQ, and limiter sections. Recording a mono or stereo source to multi-track through the 5052 becomes simplicity itself, yet when it comes to mixdown, the 5052 comes into its own by offering full stereo linked EQ and dynamics, allowing unparalleled processing of the stereo buss while mixing.
Couple this supreme flexibility with TL Audio's class-leading valve circuit design, and the 5052 represents the ultimate tracking and mixing tool for today's digital environment. The 5052 Processor utilizes six triode valve stages shared between the two channels, run from a high-quality internal 150V stabilized DC supply.
About TL Audio
TL Audio began manufacturing audio products in 1990, when the company - founded by Tony Larking - was largely involved in the restoration and re-selling of vintage equipment such as Neve and Trident recording consoles. The first TL Audio products were original Neve EQ modules, which were taken principally from broadcast consoles and re-packaged to make them suitable for music production studios. Shortly after this Tony Larking was introduced to David Kempson, a leading designer at Neve for nine years.
By 1993 the demand for used valve outboard equipment had become very strong but most models such as the original Pultec and Fairchild valve devices were already extremely rare and expensive. There appeared an obvious gap in the market for brand new affordable valve products and the result was TL Audio's first valve product - the EQ-1 Dual Valve Equalizer. This product revolutionized the studio market by offering reliable, flexible, great sounding valve processing that was within the budget of most studios. The EQ-1 quickly attracted the interest of mainstream engineer/producers, with the first two production models going to Roy Thomas Baker (who had produced many of Queen and Foreigner's early recordings) and Chris Porter (who was working with George Michael and Take That).
The EQ-1 was the first of what became known as the 'Classic' range, and was followed by what has become possibly TL Audio's best known product - the C-1 Dual Valve Compressor, which shot to stardom as Chris Fogel's mixdown compressor on Alanis Morissette's multi-million selling 'Jagged Little Pill' album.
The Ivory Series
With the Classic range expanding to include more models, the growth in popularity of affordable digital recorders and mixers heightened the appetite for valve processing, which led to lower-cost ranges such as the Ivory models. The Ivory series of preamps, equalizers and dynamics devices has become TL Audio's best selling range of products to date. The Ivory Series satisfied all the criteria that we knew customers were looking for: a great sound, flexibility and user friendliness, all with a smaller price tag!
Today, TL Audio has become one of the most respected names currently manufacturing Pro Audio equipment. According to designer David Kempson, "Our hybrid design approach was not chosen to cut costs: we created it because we genuinely believe it is a better way of producing valve processors. It makes them consistent, reliable, quiet, and - best of all - it means that by gearing ourselves up for large-scale production we can make the products affordable as well. Every studio deserves to benefit from the advantages of valve signal processing - with our products, we make that possible."
TL Audio — Plug in the real thing.
Stereo channel strip with preamp, compressor, and EQ.
- Valve preamp stage with mic, line and instrument connections
- Valve compressor section with variable control of all parameters and both hard/soft knee modes
- Four-band valve EQ section with swept LF/HF bands and parametric mids
- Optical output limiter for transparent brick wall limiting
- VU metering of input level, output level and gain reduction
- Full stereo linking of compressor, EQ and limiter sections
- A wealth of analogue input, output and insert connections
Ivory 5052 Stereo Tube Processor
- Preamp Input Gain: +16 to +60dB (mic input), -20 to +20dB (line input)
- Threshold: +10 to -20dB, Ratio: 1:1.5 to 1:30
- Attack: 0.5mS to 50mS ,Release: 40mS to 4S
- Gain Make Up: 0 to +20dB
- LF band: +/-15dB from 30Hz to 1kHz, shelving or peaking modes
- LM band: +/- 15dB from 50Hz to 3kHz, fully parametric, (Q variable between 0.5 and 5)
- HM band: +/- 15dB from 1kHz to 12kHz, fully parametric (Q variable between 0.5 and 5)
- HF band: +/- 15dB from 3kHz to 20kHz, shelving or peaking modes
- Limiter threshold variable: 0 to +20dB
- Master section output gain: to +15dB
- PSU internally adjustable for 115/230V operation
- Typical consumption: 30VA
- Dimensions: 483 x 250 x 132mm (3U 19?rack mounting)
- Shipping Weight: 9kg