- Product 183610
True Systems P-SOLO Single Channel Microphone Preamp
- Write a Review
The single-channel P-SOLO Microphone Preamp offers TRUE high-end quality at a moderate price. Unlike lower-cost preamps, where affordability comes at...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The P-SOLO brings acclaimed TRUE sound to a single-channel unit!
The single-channel P-SOLO Microphone Preamp offers TRUE high-end quality at a moderate price. Unlike lower-cost preamps, where affordability comes at a big cost to sound, the True Systems P-SOLO has a natural, detailed soundfield no matter what type of microphone you use. A high-impedance instrument input provides exceptional articulation, presence, and depth for your instrument as well. 48V phantom power; dual analog outputs; 4-level metering; and a balanced, dual-servo transformerless design in one compact package.
- Natural, musical, highly detailed soundfield
- Complete compatibility and superior results with any mics — condenser, dynamic, and ribbon
- A totally balanced, dual servo, high dynamic range, transformerless design
- Internal linear AC power supply for excellent transient response
- High impedance instrument input
- High-pass filter and 48V phantom power
- Dual analog outputs
- 4-level metering
- Oversize volume control with selectable 10dB input level attenuation
P-SOLO Single Channel Microphone Preamp
- Gain (microphone): +16 to +64dB. Gain is +6dB with Input Attenuation activated.
- Gain (direct input): -4 to +44dB. Gain is -14dB with Input Attenuation activated.
- Frequency Response (gain=40dB): 1.5Hz to 500kHz (+0/-3dB)
- Maximum Output Level: +31dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +25 dBu
- Input Impedance (microphone): 5.5k ohms
- Input Impedance (direct input): 2M ohms
- Noise (Rs=0 Ohms): -132dB e. i. n.
- Slew Rate: > 40 V/uS
- CMRR (CMV=+10dBu): 85dB
- THD (+26dBu, 100 kOhm): 0. 0008%
- Power Requirements: 115/230VAC, 50/60Hz, 7W
- Knob extension: 3/5" (15.3 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs. (2. 3 kg)
- Dimensions: 3"W x 6"H x 6"D
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about True Systems P-SOLO Single Channel Microphone Preamp:
I wanted to upgrade my sound from my current Mackie CR 1604 pre?s and the max my budget could afford was the True. We compared the True to the Mackie and the relatively inexpensive M-Audio DMP3. The True was a huge improvement on vocals, DI bass guitar, and acoustic guitar. The tone was transparent, smooth, warm, and immediately noticeable. For kick, snare, and tambourine there was not much difference at all. For synth and DI guitar it improved some but not a major difference. The mics used were an AKG 414 (vocals, kick, tambourine), Shure SM-81 (acoustic guitar), and Shure SM-57 (snare). I thought that the True would blow the other pre?s out of the water, but surprisingly, the Mackie and M-Audio performed almost as good as the True.Overall, the True is a really good pre-amp, the best I?ve ever heard. And I?ll use it as my primary pre. But I can only compare it to the only pre?s I?ve ever known? the Mackie and M-Audio. So is it worth the price when the others are almost as good for a fraction of the cost? And are the pre?s that cost more than the True any better than the True?