- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
True Systems Precision 8 Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
- Product 182471
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The True Systems Precision 8 is designed to provide the detailed, transparent sonic performance necessary for the highest quality direct tracking and...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Challenging the recognized leaders in sonic accuracy and performance.
The True Systems Precision 8 is designed to provide the detailed, transparent sonic performance necessary for the highest quality direct tracking and live sound applications. It includes a unique combination of features which make it useful as a complete input system for MDM's, HDR's, and DAW's. Two sonically accurate discrete FET instrument inputs (DI's) are available for recording or live sound applications in which realistic, unaffected sound quality is desired. The 5-segment peak-hold level metering with selectable peak reference allows rapid optimization of program levels between the Precision 8 and devices to which it is interfaced.
True Systems Precision 8 is also ideal for location recording due to its 8-channel single rack unit format, smooth continuous gain controls, useful level metering, and easy interconnect. The integral MS decoder provides creative spatial image control that is particularly useful in attaining an exciting stereo image with minimum effort and microphone repositioning.
True Systems Design Approach
The Precision 8 uses a high-voltage composite architecture with discrete devices plus integrated circuits. It offers very low noise and distortion as well as high headroom. The totally balanced dual-servo design eliminates nearly all capacitors in the audio path and is DC-coupled at the output. All this results in a very detailed and transparent sound quality which challenges even the most esoteric microphone preamps.
- Eight highly transparent solid state microphone preamps in a 1 unit rack configuration
- Challenges the recognized leaders in sonic accuracy and performance
- Built-in M-S (Mid-Side) decoding for creative spatial image control
- Active, high-impedance instrument inputs ("DI's") selectable on two channels
- 5-segment level indicators with peak-hold feature and selectable peak reference
- Smooth continuous gain controls
- Easy interface to MDM's, HDR's, DAW's, or consoles
- Dual DB25/TRS outputs for flexible interconnection
- Elegant, sturdy physical design
- Exceptional cost-per-channel value
- Gain (microphone): +16 to +64dB
- Gain (direct input): -4 to +44dB
- Frequency Response (gain = 40dB): 1.5Hz to 500kHz (+0/-3dB)
- Maximum Output Level: +31dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +15dBu
- Input Impedance (microphone): 5.5k ohm
- Input Impedance (direct input): 2M ohm
- Noise (Rs = 0 ohm): -132 dB e.i.n.
- Slew Rate: > 40 V/uS
- CMRR (CMV = +10dBu): 85dB
- Crosstalk: -130dB
- THD (+26dBu, 100k ohm): .0008%
- Power Requirements: 120VAC, 60 Hz, 44 Watts
- Dimensions (chassis): 17-3/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 13-3/8"D (44.2mm x 442 mm x 341mm)
- Knob extension: 1 in. (25.4 mm)
- Weight: 14.5 lbs. (6.6 kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about True Systems Precision 8 Mic Preamp:
I have had the Precision 8 for 6 months. Have recorded solo performances to full orchestras. Use the preamp connected to an Alesis HD24XR in 6 unit SKB case. The unit has been rock solid both in performance and in it's construction. Amazingly transparant, large knobs that can be easily adjusted in the dark, LED meters that allow visual confirmation of gain set, M/S on first 2 channels is a great bonus and works flawlessly. Has enough gain available to work with just about any mic. The musicians are amazed at just how fantastic they sound. Do plan on leaving extra spacing in your rack as preamp does get quite warm. Will shortly be adding another.