- Write a Review
The classic studio limiter!
- Universal Audio's History
The original Universal Audio 1176LN designed by Bill Putnam was a major breakthrough in limiter technology-the first true peak limiter with all-transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound. Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN retained the proven qualities of these industry leaders and set the standard for all limiters to follow.
Today, the 1176LN is new again. While it certainly would have been possible-and much simpler-to modernize and "improve" the 1176LN, Universal Audio made every effort to remain faithful to Putnam's design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit to uncompromising standards. This version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound. Demand the original. Accept no copies.
- True to the original in design, manufacture, and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultrafast attack time”20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time”50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom-built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
Still the first-call choice of professionals for tracking vocals, guitar, and drums. Give your music the punch and character it deserves with a Universal Audio 1176LN.
1176LN Solid State Limiting Amplifier
- Input impedance: 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating
Output load impedance: 600 ohms, floating, damping factor 20
External connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
Frequency response: ±1dB 20Hz-20kHz
Distortion: Less than 0.5% total harmonic distortion from 50Hz-15kHz with limiting
Signal-to-noise ratio: Greater than 70dB at +10dBm
Attack time: 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
Release time: 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
Threshold vs. output level:
Compression ratio: 20:1; input level at +/-2dB: -25dBm; relative output: 13dBm
Compression ratio: 12:1; input level at +/-2dB: -26dBm; relative output: 12dBm
Compression ratio: 8:1; input level at +/-2dB: -27dBm; relative output: 11dBm
Compression ratio: 4:1; input level at +/-2dB: -32dBm; relative output: 6dBm
Stereo interconnection: via 1176 SA Network accessory
Power requirements: 120/240V
Environmental: Maximum operating temperature 160 F
Dimensions: 19"W x 3-1/2"H (2RU)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.