- Product 182120
Universal Audio LA-3A Classic Audio Leveler
- Write a Review
This reissue Universal Audio LA-3A Audio Leveler meticulously retains all the internal and external qualities of the original: the same simple contro...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A faithful reissue of the classic LA-3A with modern enhancements.
This reissue Universal Audio LA-3A Audio Leveler meticulously retains all the internal and external qualities of the original: the same simple control set and the T4 electro-optical attenuator--the source of the unit's program-dependent compression. It also retains the 2RU half-rack design, and comes complete with a single-unit rack assembly--no additional kit is necessary. All the original rear panel connections and controls are also maintained, while the commonly performed LA-3A gain mod is added as an additional switch for maximum studio versatility.
The original LA-3A Leveling Amplifier made its debut at the 1969 NY AES show and marked a departure from the tube design of its predecessors. The LA-3A incorporated components and design concepts from the Putnam-designed 1176LN Limiting Amplifier. Immediately embraced as a studio workhorse and still widely used today, the LA-3A remains a favorite of engineers and producers worldwide for its unique compression characteristics and sonic signature.
- Classic solid state opto-compressor
- Custom transformers and T4 cell
- Discrete amplifier ” up to 50dB gain
- Rear panel Gain Mod switch for gain control
- Designed by ex-UREI engineer Dennis Fink
All the sonic perfection of the orignal LA-3A can be yours with a few clicks!
- External Connections: Jones Barrier terminals and XLR connectors
- Gain Reduction: up to 40dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.33% at +24dBm
- Frequency Response: 20Hz”20kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Noise Floor: -80 dB below program at threshold of limiting
- Gain: 30 +/- 1dB, 50 +/- 1dB
- Output Level: +20 dBm nominal
- Input Level: 0dBm @ 50dB gain; +20dBm @ 30dB gain
- Attack: 1.5ms or less
- Release: 0.06s for 50% release