An industry-standard channel strip from the father of pro audio, updated with user-requested features.
The LA-610 by Universal Audio defined the affordable, ultimate vintage tone channel strip. So how can UA improve on tonal perfection on what was already a hit product? Enter the sequel...LA-610 Mk II, a second-generation revamp of the original 2005 LA-610 design. While the preamp and compressor are identical to the original LA-610 that professionals have come to know and love, additional features have been added such as true compressor bypass, larger metering, improved output signal, and an auto-sensing power supply. The LA-610 Mk II also features the highly popular black-on-black cosmetics of the LA-610 Signature Edition.
The original UA 610 tube mic pre and EQ have been used to record artists ranging from Frank Sinatra to Eddie Van Halen. It's a sound that never gets old — just better — thanks to the spirit of Bill Putnam and modern advances in electronics design.
- Based on Legendary Bill Putnam 610 Tube Mic Pre and EQ Used on Countless Classic Recordings
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 Opto-Compressor
- Complete vintage channel-strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
- Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and Instrument DI for recording tone "color"
- Mk II Features such as True Bypass, Larger Metering and Improved Signal Output
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- MK II Improvements:
- True Bypass of the Compressor Circuit
- Larger and Better Lit Metering
- Improved Output Signal Performance
- Auto-Sensing Universal Power Supply
- Improved stability with feedback-style shelving EQ
- Improved consistency with Input Gain values
- LED Jewel Light Never Needs Replacing
- Mic, Line and Hi-Z Input, Line Output
- Dual Impedance Mic and Hi-Z inputs (Mic: 2K, 500OHMS, Hi-Z: 2.2M, 47Kohms)
- 5 position Stepped Preamp Input Gain, Continuous Preamp Output Level
- -15dB Pad Switch (15dB Pad/Off)
- Phase reverse (0/180°)
- 48 volt Phantom Power switch (+48v/Off)
- ± 9 dB stepped High Shelving Filter (4.5, 7, 10 kHz)
- ± 9 dB stepped Low Shelving Filter (70, 100, 200 Hz)
- T4 Optical Compressor with Continuous Peak Reduction and Makeup Gain
- Compress/Limit/Bypass Modes of Dynamic Operation (3:1 / ∞: 1)
- Meter Source Selector Switch (Preamp/Gain Reduction/Compressor)
- Front Panel Power switch (On/Off)
- Custom Altran and Cinemag Transformers
Get Universal Audio's hit-making tube/optocompressor sound to warm up your DAW on cold nights — and pay an incredibly low price for this premium pro audio gear!