- Product H90407
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core FireWire DSP Accelerator Package
- Write a Review
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core is Universal Audio's workhorse FireWire DSP Accelerator, giving project studios access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Serious analog sound over FireWire - for MacBooks, iMacs, and Windows 7 PCs.
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core is Universal Audio's workhorse FireWire DSP Accelerator, giving project studios access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins on FireWire-enabled computers including Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs*. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers - using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears - to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment.
Powered by dual SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core unit easily connects to Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs* via FireWire 800, letting you run full mixes with UAD plug-ins, without taxing your host computer. Additionally, you can connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple's Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter.
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core includes UA's "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
With support for VST, Audio Units, RTAS, and full 64-bit operation, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 port, power up, and start mixing with some of the world's finest audio plug-ins.
*Requires Windows 7 64-bit edition operating system and a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter.
- Workhorse dual-processor external FireWire 800 DSP Accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs*
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Ideal for project studios running medium-sized sessions w/ higher plug-in instances
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Also available as UAD-2 Satellite DUO Custom package
Take the power of the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core with you wherever you go.
UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core FireWire DSP Accelerator Package
- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1*
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port* for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software