- Product H90366
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate FireWire DSP Accelerator Package
- Write a Review
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate package is Universal Audio’s FireWire DSP answer to tap into the world’s finest analog hardware emulations on porta...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Serious analog sound for MacBooks, iMacs, Mac minis, and more.
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate package is Universal Audio’s FireWire DSP answer to tap into the world’s finest analog hardware emulations on portable Mac laptops, and other computers that can’t be expanded with an internal DSP card the way most towers can be. The UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators offer full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive titles from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more. The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate package features a sleek, ultra-portable FireWire 800/400-based processing unit with 4 SHARC processors inside, plus a bundle of 55+ UA Developed powered plug-ins, up to and including software v6.3, giving you massive analog character, right out of the box.
UAD-2: The industry’s most respected collection of audio plug-ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. UAD plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The award-winning UAD library features nearly 60 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled “Custom” and “Ultimate” packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Workhorse processing power, wherever you go
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available in two processing levels: DUO or QUAD, with either two or four individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively. This outboard processing can provide a big mixing horsepower “boost” for your MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac mini — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins — no matter what the rest of your system is doing.
The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on an Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire port.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available as “Core,” “Custom,” and “Ultimate” software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle. The Custom package includes Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The QUAD Ultimate is UA’s flagship Satellite package, and includes more than 55 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v6.3.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship
Most people don’t immediately think of audio software when they hear the word “craftsmanship.” But that’s what separates UAD plug-ins from the rest. One of the most common responses we hear from UAD users is, “Wow, I didn’t know plug-ins could sound this good.” That’s because in developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware. This process means that we essentially “rebuild” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. It’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Attention Windows Users:
UAD Version 6.4 now with Windows 7 Support for 64-bit plug-ins, UAD-2 Satellite and Apollo Interfaces -- requires Windows 7 64-Bit and qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter.
- FireWire 800/400-based processing unit with 4 SHARC processors inside
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Intel-based MacBook Pros, iMacs, and Mac minis
- Ultimate bundle includes 55+ UA Developed powered plug-ins, up to and including software v6.3
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins “on the road,” mixing on any Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire 800/400 port
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion compatible
Take the maximum power of the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate with you wherever you go.
UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate FireWire DSP Accelerator Package
- Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 6” wide x 8” long x 1” high (weight: 2 lbs)
- 2 or 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
- UAD-2 Satellite Minimum System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7.3 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Available FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port
- 1 GB available hard drive space
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection or CD-ROM drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software