- Product J01092
UVI Acoustic Grand Piano Steinway Concert D
- Write a Review
The first challenge in any great piano library is finding the right instrument. To help with the process UVI recruited two concert pianists, one a ja...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Steinway D Concert Grand intricately sampled for the UVI Workstation.
The first challenge in any great piano library is finding the right instrument. To help with the process UVI recruited two concert pianists, one a jazz player and the other classical, to audition the instruments we were considering and provide feedback from a true players perspective. After recruiting two concert pianists, one a jazz player and the other classical, to test dozens of pianos, UVI decided on a particularly wonderful sounding Steinway D Concert Grand for this detailed soundware instrument for UVI's Workstation platform.
Each note was carefully multi-sampled at a number of velocity levels with and without sustain. These samples were then carefully prepared and scripted with advanced key-group layers and rule switching provided by the UVI Engine - methods by which UVI can allow the sustain pedal and release samples to articulate in a natural way, reflective of the physical instrument. During this process UVI consulted with the concert pianists who had helped choose the original instrument and solicited their feedback in tuning the algorithms for the most natural feel and playability. This was certainly an extra step but one that added greatly to the final result, tempering an extremely technical process with tactility and expression.
There are many factors involved in creating a library of this magnitude and each can have a significant impact on the final result. UVI went to great lengths to ensure proper care at each step in order that this instrument would be the best they can deliver in terms of playability and sound quality.
UVI Workstation is a completely free multi-timbral instrument that provides unlimited parts, integrated effects, live performance features, and a smooth real-time workflow. With the newest version, UVI has added powerful new features that help make your music production experience more efficient and enjoyable.
- Size : 2.59 GB
- Collection : The stunning Steinway Concert Grand Model D
- Content : 4 presets, 865 samples Sample Resolution : 44.1 kHz
The full sound of a concert grand, even if your room isn't big enough. Order today.
Acoustic Grand Piano Steinway Concert D
- Minimum System Requirements
Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later (64-bit | 32-bit), Mac Intel processor, 2 GB of RAM
Windows 7 or Vista SP2 or later (64-bit | 32-bit), Core Duo or faster processor, 2 GB of RAM
2.38 GB available disk space
Hard drive : 7 200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
An iLok account and an iLok smart key (version 1 or 2), which must be purchased separately
The free UVI Workstation or MOTU MachFive 3 (latest versions)
Stand-alone, VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit
1. After receiving your product go to www.uvi.net to register :log in to your account from the Account menu, go to My Account ‰« Product Registrationenter your Serial Number and iLok User ID
2. Log into your iLok account and download your new license to an iLok dongle
3. Make sure you have the latest version of UVI Workstation or MOTU MachFive 3 installed
4. Install the UFS library : create a directory on your system called UFS Sound Banks and place your UFS files in it launch UVI Workstation or MachFive 3, go to Preferences ‰« Sound Banks and add the UFS Sound Banks directory OR use one of the default folders listed restart the app and your UFS files will appear in the Sound Banks section