- Product 484080
Waldorf Largo Software Synthesizer
- Write a Review
Many producers and synthesizer enthusiasts asked for a full-blown Waldorf Synthesizer for their virtual rack, and the engineers at Waldorf listened, ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Virtual softsynth with the same engine found in the Waldorf Q, MicroQ, and Blofeld synthesizers.
Many producers and synthesizer enthusiasts asked for a full-blown Waldorf Synthesizer for their virtual rack, and the engineers at Waldorf listened, creating Largo—the first pure software synthesizer with Waldorf DNA. Largo mirrors the technology used in Blofeld and Q hardware synthesizers, giving it a cutting-edge sound that makes a big difference. As with every Waldorf instrument, ergonomics are a core feature, though in this case, it's onscreen. Your eyes will be pleased with the Largo's clearly structured, graphical user interface that supports your workflow intuitively.
The Largo softsynth offers 3 fat oscillators, two of them with sub oscillators. These oscillators include models of classic analog waveforms as well as a selection of waves from the PPG and Waldorf Wave stored in two Wavetables. All these run through two Waldorf multimode filters with steep cutoff, resonance up to self-oscillation, and a drive stage to add even more punch and graininess to the sound. Ultra-fast envelope generators and flexible LFOs, as well as an easy to understand, yet extremely versatile modulation matrix make for a sound designer's dream.
Filters have always been a core part of any Waldorf instrument. With outstanding expertise in both analog and digital synthesis, Waldorf's developers took utmost care in developing the filters for the Largo softsynth. You can use comb filters for plucked, stringed, or blown sounds, and band pass, high pass, low pass, and notch filters are all available with 12dB and 24dB slope. All of them sound extremely accurate and add pure sonic quality to the sound of your music.
The Waldorf Largo contains a flexible arpeggiator with 16 freely programmable steps like the one exclusive to the Q synthesizer line plus an array of high quality effects such as Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Overdrive, Delay, and Reverb.
The clearly arranged user interface helps you create your own powerful synthesizer sounds in a breeze. Oscillators and filters are always in direct access while the submodules are only a mouse click away. It has the same exclusive voice architecture as the Q and Blofeld synthesizer line, fully integrated into the total recall system of your Digital Audio Workstation.
The Largo softsynth works as a VST and AudioUnit instrument.
- 5 Oscillators: 3 Main, 2 Sub
- Virtual Analog Models: Pulse with Pulse Width Modulation, Sawtooth, Triangle, Sine
- Wavetables: Q Alt 1 and Alt 2 Wavetable
- Frequency Modulation between Oscillators and Noise Generator
- Oscillator Synchronization
- Ring Modulator for Osc 1 / 2
- Noise Generator with Noise Color
- 2 independent Multi-Mode Filters:
- Filter FM, Resonance up to Self-Oscillation, Low Pass (24dB/ 12dB), Band Pass (24dB/ 12dB), High Pass (24dB/ 12dB), Notch (24dB /12dB), Comb Filter with positive/negative Feedback, Sample & Hold (sample-rate reduction)
- 2 Drive Stages per voice with adjustable Drive Gain and selectable Curves:
- Clip, Hard, Medium, Soft, Sine Shaper, and more
- Modulation Matrix with 16 slots, freely programmable
- Modulation speed far into audio range
- Modulation sources include all internal Modulation Sources plus various MIDI messages
- Modulation Destinations for almost all continuous sound parameters
- Various pre-routed modulation destinations with selectable sources: Pitch Modulation, Oscillator 1/2/3 Frequency Modulation, Oscillator 1/2/3 Pulse Width Modulation, Filter 1/2 Cutoff Modulation, Filter 1/2 Frequency Modulation, Pan 1/2 Modulation, Amp Modulation
- 4 Modifiers for transforming modulation sources with various algorithms
- 3 fast LFOs: syncable to MIDI Clock, Note Retrigger with adjustable Start Phase, monophonic LFO, Keytrack, freely drawable LFO waveform with 16 steps
- 4 fast envelopes with selectable types:
- Single Trigger/Retrigger per Envelope, ADSR, ADS1DS2R (2 Decay/Sustain stages plus adjustable Attack Level), One Shot, Loop S1S2 (Loop between Sustain 1 and 2), Loop All (Loop over all stages)
- Poly, Mono, Dual, or Unisono Mode with selectable Voice Count
- Powerful arpeggiator:
- Hold and One Shot modes
- syncable to MIDI Clock
- Direction Up, Down, Alternate
- Range up to 10 Octaves
- Various methods to modify Note Sort Order
- Freely programmable Arpeggiator pattern with up to 16 steps
- Programmable per Step: Accent, Timing, Length, Glide on/off, Pause, Chord, Previous note, Random note from Note List, First and/or last note from Note List
- 2 Effect slots per layer
- Effect Types: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Overdrive, Delay (2nd effect slot only), Reverb (2nd effect slot only)
Add a Waldorf synth to your virtual rack. Order today!
- Windows XP or better
- Intel Pentium 3, 1GHz or better
- AMD Athlon, 800 MHz or better
- 64MB free RAM
- VST 2.0 compatible host software that supports virtual instruments, such as Cubase VST 5.0 or higher, Cubase SX/SL, Nuendo 1.5 or better
- PC equipped according to the specifications of the VST host software
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or better
- PowerPC: G4, 800 MHz or better
- Intel: any processor
- 64 MB free RAM
- VST 2.0 compatible host application that supports virtual instruments, such as Cubase SX/SL, Nuendo 1.5 or better
- AudioUnit 2.0 compatible host application that supports AudioUnit Instruments, such as Apple Logic or GarageBand
- Macintosh equipped according to the specifications of the host software