- H80828 000000000 H80828000000000
Yamaha MGP Series MGP16X 16-Channel/4-Bus Mixer
- Write a Review
Rugged and durable from the outside in and sonically sweet from the inside out, the new Yamaha MGP16X mixer is the perfect solution for venues who wa...Read More
- Free Shipping
- Price Drop
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Rugged and durable from the outside in and sonically sweet from the inside out, the new Yamaha MGP16X mixer is the perfect solution for venues who want a reliable, great sounding console to ensure that all of their presentations sound clear and full. The MGP16X possesses all of the features necessary to handle a wide variety of input requirements. The buit-in rack railing and included mounting kit make this mixer a perfect choice for any small to medium sized nightclub or function hall.
The MGP16X is also ideal for mobile solo acts and bands, as it is lightweight, sits comfortably and safely on a tabletop, and possesses all of the features a live act typically needs. From rehearsal to performance and even for simple recording, the MGP16X delivers a clean mix. The discrete Class A microphone preamps give your mics all of the bite and clarity they can possibly deliver. Add to that a 100 cycle high pass filter, dedicated compressor, and 48V phantom power all per channel, and you have an input scheme that can accommodate a wide variety of input devices.
Dual effects processors, a sweepable mid equalizer and posted high and low EQ knobs allow for detailed tailoring of each channel's sound. A versatile monitor mixing bus lets everyone on stage hear what they need to hear in order to deliver their best performance.
Other cool features include a ‘ducker,' which lowers the volume of background music anytime a vocal channel is engaged, making the MGP16X ideal for installations where presentations are sometimes made. There is a tap button for timing your delay processor settings and a variable stereo imager to make your music sound right no matter the size or shape of the room. Digital I/O for iPod or iPhone provides lossless clarity and punch for your "canned" music, either for between sets or for background music during presentations. The I/O even charges the connected device!
Patching accepts ¼" or XLR inputs in each of the mono channels and also accommodates RCA inputs from analog playback devices. The MGP16X mixer makes sounding great easy and straightforward.
Versatile, affordable mixer for mobile applications or fixed installations.
- 10 Mic Inputs with 48V Phantom Power and HPF per Channel
- 16 Line Inputs (8 mono and 4 stereo)
- Additional 2TR Inputs Provided to Accept the Output from Analog Devices or iPod/iPhone
- 2 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
Order an MGP16X and expand your clarity, quality and versatility in an instant.
MGP Series MGP16X 16-Channel/4-Bus Mixer
- Mixing capability
- Mixing channels: 16 Line Inputs (8 mono and 4 stereo)
- GROUP: 4 GROUP Buses + ST Bus
- AUX: 2 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
- Input channel functions: Compressor CH1-8,HPF(100Hz 12dB/oct), CH EQ(MONO) ±15dB(Max.):High 8kHz shelving/ Mid 250Hz-5kHz peaking(CH1-8,13-16)/ Low 125Hz shelving, CH EQ(STEREO) ±15dB(Max.):High 8kHz shelving/ Mid 2.5kHz peaking(CH9-12)/ Low 125Hz shelving
- On-board processors: FX1:REV-X(8 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control), FX2:SPX (16 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control)
- Mic inputs MIC: 10
- Phantom power: 48V phantom power per channel
- Line inputs LINE: 8mono+4stereo, CH INSERT: 8, RETURN: 1stereo, 2TR IN: 1 stereo
- Digital I/O: USB Audio USB IN/OUT: iPod, iPhone exclusive
- General specifications
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.02% (20Hz-20kHz@ +14dBu)
- Frequency response: +0.5/-1.0dB 20Hz - 20kHz, refer to the nominal output level @1kHz
- Hum & noise level: Equivalent input noise -128 dBu (20Hz-20 kHz, Rs=150Ω, Input Gain = Maximum)
- Residual output noise -102 dBu (20Hz-20 kHz, Rs=150Ω, Input Gain = Maximum)
- Crosstalk: -74dB @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 100-240V 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 55W max
- Dimensions W x H x D: 17.6 x 5.62 x 19.5"
- Net weight: 19.85 lb.
Review Snapshotby PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Controls
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
Comments about Yamaha MGP Series MGP16X 16-Channel/4-Bus Mixer:
I don't know where to begin with this thing. I've been using, and very happy with all of the MG series mixers. Two 24/14fx and a bunch of the smaller ones. All have been rock solid performers with good sound and versatility. The MGP is better...period! The preamps are cleaner and have the depth and detail you'd expect to have to pay big for. You could (if two tracks at a time works for you) record through this thing and get really good results.
The effects and how they are implemented seem incrementally better as well. Having the two processors enables you to run a drum mix with it's own effects and save FX#2 for vocals and other instruments.
The aux section is really good as well. Because FX1 and FX2 are not broken when plugging into their sends, you have the ability to get four sends (using aux 3 and aux 4 as well) going...very nice.
Somehow, even the EQ sounds sweeter and just seems to work more effectively. As always, you should use as little EQ as possible with any desk...however, it sure is nice to have a great EQ when you need it!
The flexibility of the MGP series is no small thing, and about any scenario should be covered. Lastly, everything feels comfortable and not cramped. The little "extras" like ducking (!), compression, levelling and usb, are icing on the cake. I was thinking it would be nice to have a lamp socket for those dark clubs, but then remembered that there's usb right on the control surface...DOH! Inexpensive LED usb gooseneck is on the way :)