- Product 421824
Yamaha Yamaha MSR250 / MG124CX PA Package
- Write a Review
This PA package includes a Yamaha MG124CX Stereo Mixer, a pair of Yamaha MSR250 10" Powered PA speakers, and 2 Audio-Technica M4000S handheld dynamic...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
This PA package includes a Yamaha MG124CX Stereo Mixer, a pair of Yamaha MSR250 10" Powered PA speakers, and 2 Audio-Technica M4000S handheld dynamic microphones. You also get 2 Musician's Gear Standard Speaker Stands, 2 - 20ft. Gear One XLR mic cables, and 2 Gear One 1/4" speaker cables for a convenient live sound set up.
Yamaha MG124CX Stereo Mixer
For applications requiring up to 12 input channels, the Yamaha MG124CX mixer offers stunning MG-series sound plus an extra margin of signal-routing versatility. The MG124CX features a high-performance digital multi-effect processor built-in, giving you everything you need in one compact, powerful package.
In spite of the fact that it has 12 channels, four buses, and a wealth of advanced features, the MG124CX is small and light enough (only 2.9 kilograms) to be tucked under an arm and set up just about anywhere. This remarkable sound mixer provides significant space savings along with huge performance benefits.
Flexible 12-input Configuration
The MG124CX both has a total of 12 input channels - four mono microphone/line inputs and four stereo line inputs. Two of the stereo line inputs can also function as mono microphone inputs, giving you up to six simultaneous mono microphone inputs when needed. Gain trim covers a wide -60dB - -16dB range for microphone input, and -34dB - +10dB for line input.
Comprehensive, Easy-access Connector Panel
Top-mounted input and output connectors make setting up and re-patching your system quick and easy. Both models feature high- quality Neutrik balanced XLR connectors on all four mono microphone/line channels and two of the stereo channels. The XLR-equipped stereo channels can accept mono microphone input either via the XLR or phone jack connectors. The remaining stereo channels provide phone jack and pin jack connectors for compatibility with a wide range of sources. The four mono input channels also feature insert I/O connectors that let you patch external signal processing gear into those channels as required. Separate pin-jack 2TR inputs are provided to accept the output from a CD player or similar stereo source.
Six High-Performance Microphone Preamplifiers with Switchable Phantom Power
The microphone preamplifiers in any mixer are critical to its overall performance. The microphone preamps built into the MG mixers inherit technology from Yamaha's top-line professional consoles, and have been painstakingly designed to deliver superior sonic performance with any dynamic or condenser microphone. All six microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power so you can take advantage of the natural, extended response of high-quality condenser microphones. A single switch turns phantom power on or off for all microphone channels.
Built-in Channel Compressors
Built-in channel dynamics is usually only found on high-end (and very expensive) consoles. The MG124CX features Yamaha's innovative one-knob compression feature on mono input channels 1 through 4. This advanced feature can be a tremendous advantage in achieving great vocal sound. It can also be used to refine the sound of bass, guitar, and other sources. Conventional audio compressors with their threshold, ratio, knee, makeup gain and other controls can be complex and time-consuming to set appropriately for a given source. Yamaha's one-knob compressor eliminates the need for an engineering degree with a single control that lets you simply dial in the amount of compression you want.
3-Band Channel EQ and High-pass Filter
Yamaha has decades of experience in building truly useful, musical equalization into successful pro consoles, and the channel equalizers in MG-series mixers carry on without compromise. Channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5/6, and 7/8 feature full 3-band equalizers with LOW, MID, and HIGH controls, while 9/10 and 11/12 have 2-band EQ for smooth equalization of stereo sources.
Four Buses (Stereo and Group)
In addition to the main stereo bus the MG124CX features a stereo group bus and outputs that can be used for convenient channel grouping. Assign switches for the stereo and group buses are located next to each channel fader.
Illuminated Channel ON Switches
All input channels feature illuminated channel ON switches chat can be used to individually add or remove channels from the mix without having to change the positions of the channel faders. The effect channel on the MG124CX also has its own ON switch.
The MG124CX has pre/post switchable AUX sends on all channels as well as EFFECT send controls that adjust the level of the signal sent to the mixer's internal multi-effect system.
Stereo, Control Room, Monitor, and Headphone Outputs
Located above the mixer's master controls, on the convenient easy-access connector panel, are the main stereo output connectors, phone-jack monitor output connectors, pin-jack recording outputs, and a stereo headphone jack. These versatile mixers offer plenty of connectivity for a wide range of applications.
Bright 12-segment Meters for Visual Level Monitoring
Accurate visual level monitoring can help you achieve maximum signal-to-noise ratio without distortion. The MG mixer's bright, easy-to-read 12-segment LED meters make it easy to control system levels for optimum overall performance.
MG124CX Built-in SPX Effects
The Yamaha MG124CX's includes an astonishing amount of SPX signal processing power. It incorporates a versatile digital multi-effect processor that provides a range of reverb, delay, modulation, and distortion programs you can use to refine and define your sound. Each of the 16 effect programs has a number of editable parameters as well as effect on/off switching capability and return level control. If you need to keep both hands free to play an instrument or perform other operations, an optional footswitch can be connected to the mixer's effect footswitch jack for convenient on/off switching.
Smooth 60-millimeter Faders
Channel and master level control is accomplished via reliable, high-performance 60-millimeter linear faders that provide smooth, noise-free operation. An important advantage of linear faders is that they provide a direct visual indication of relative level settings.
All switches, controls, and displays have been designed and laid out for intuitive access and smooth, reliable operation with positive tactile and visual feedback.
MSR250 Active Powered Speaker
The MSR250 Yamaha speaker delivers the ideal blend of power, performance, features, and portability for an exceptionally wide range of applications. A redesigned class D amplifier delivers 250W of clean, dynamic power to a high-performance 10" cone woofer and 1" titanium-dome compression driver that match up perfectly for smooth, uncolored response from 55Hz to 20kHz. The woofer has an oversized 2.5" aluminum voice coil—a size you'd normally see on a 15" woofer—that contributes to outstanding sound and durability. With all this power and performance, the big surprise is how light and manageable this advanced powered speaker is.
Versatile Dual-channel Input Configuration
For extra input flexibility the MSR250 features dual input channels, each with it's own low and high equalizer controls and level control. The signals from the 2 inputs are mixed and delivered via the MSR250 speakers as well as the rear-panel line out connector, allowing convenient linking to other speakers or audio devices for easy system expansion (the MSR250 is a perfect expansion speaker for Yamaha's STAGEPAS 250M compact sound system). Input 1 has balanced XLR and phone jack connectors that accept microphone or line input, and input 2/3 is actually a mixing input in its own right with phone jack and 2 pin jack connectors.
Built for Heavy Duty Use
Although it's lightweight and easy to handle, the MSR250 speaker is exceptionally durable and will take the most demanding tours in stride. It's also designed to be used in a variety of situations, including normal upright and wedge-style floor monitor operation. There's also a built-in polemount receptacle for convenient standmounting.
Powered speakers offer many advantages over their passive counterparts, whether used on the road or in permanent installations. You don't need separate amplifiers or the extra cables and connections required, so setup is fast and easy while reliability is significantly improved. The ability to plug directly into the speaker inputs can eliminate an entire rack of amplifiers in a modest-size system. But the benefits go beyond mere convenience. Optimum matching of amplifiers and speakers involves much more than simple impedance figures, and can be a formidable engineering task given the vast number of choices available. The Yamaha MSR-series power amplifiers have been ideally mated to their respective speakers in every way possible, delivering reproduction quality that only the most stringent matching can achieve. There are also a significant number of Yamaha refinements that put these extraordinary powered speakers in a class of their own, including an original cabinet design that eliminates internal standing waves and ferrofluid- cooled voice coils for superior stability and linearity.
The MSR250 powered speakers can be used alone or in combination with the MSR800W powered subwoofer (sold separately) to create sound reinforcement systems from modest to massive that will sound superb while delivering the power and coverage you need for success in just about any venue or at any event. They look great too, and can be used as-is in many permanent installations without requiring any cosmetic cover-up. They're more than rugged enough for demanding tour applications as well.
Asymmetrical Cabinet Design
Sound bouncing around inside a speaker cabinet can have a significant effect on the sound that comes out. The biggest problem is standing waves that commonly occur between parallel surfaces. Standing waves can interfere with and color the speaker's output, thus degrading sound quality. The standard solution is acoustic insulation material inside the cabinet, which does help, but it doesn't address the underlying problem of cabinet geometry. Yamaha has gone the extra mile in designing the MSR250 cabinets, employing a unique configuration that eliminates parallel interior surfaces and therefore the root cause of standing waves. Acoustic insulation is also applied to effectively deaden the space inside the enclosure. Elimination of unwanted sound inside the cabinet means that optimum sound can be delivered to where it counts the most: your audience.
Any technology that involves power also involves heat, and this can result in compromised performance if heat generation is not effectively controlled. The current driving a speaker generates heat in the voice coil that, in extreme cases, can cause the speaker to burn out. But even if the speaker doesn't actually burn out, that heat still results in inefficiency and non-linearity that degrade overall performance. As the power and heat increase, the resistance of the voice coil increases as well, causing power compression, a loss in acoustic output that reduces the system's dynamic range. This problem is overcome in the MSR250 by placing an advanced ferrofluid in the voice coil gap, where it serves to conduct heat away from the voice coil with much greater efficiency than air. The results are smooth, natural frequency response and dynamics as well as stable performance even under heavy use.
Audio-Technica M4000S Handheld Dynamic Microphone
The handheld Audio-Technica M4000S dynamic microphone combines professional features with a ridiculously affordable price tag. Audio-Technica tailors the M4000S mic's frequency response for crystal-clear vocal reproduction. Great feedback rejection and focused pickup are due to the A-T microphone's unidirectional polar pattern. The M4000S Audio-Technica mic also is equipped with a handy On/Off switch for convenience.
Audio-Technica professional microphone enhancements include a balanced XLR output, and a mic clip. Whether you're on the road, in the studio, or just performing at local gigs. Expect the all-metal Audio-Technica M4000S microphone to provides you with years of trouble-free use.
Musician's Gear Standard Speaker Stand
This Standard audio speaker stand adjusts from 42" to 71" in height and accepts 1-3/8" diameter sockets. It can holds up to 110lb. Its aluminum construction reduces stand weight for easy transport, and its molded plastic leg housing with ergonomic knob is extremely durable.
Gear One XLR Microphone Cable Regular (20 foot)
For serious-minded musicians, Gear One's XLR cables have the strength and durability to withstand more than everyday use. Since your cable is your sound, this XLR mic cable's superior wiring allows your signal to be quiet, eliminating frustrating hums, buzzing, and crackles.
Gear One 1/4" Speaker Cable
These tough, high-quality 25-foot speaker cables won't strain the wallet. 1/4"-to-1/4" metal connectors.
A 12-input mixer, 10" PA speakers, 2 dynamic microphones, tripod mic stands, and cables for all.
- Yamaha MG82CX Stereo Mixer
- 2 Yamaha MSR250 10" Powered Speakers
- 2 Audio-Technica M4000S Handheld Dynamic Microphone
- 2 Musician's Gear Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom
- 2 Gear One XLR Microphone Cable (20ft. each)
- 2 Gear One 1/4 Speaker Cable (25ft. each)
- 12-input, 4-bus design
- 4 channels of single-knob compression
- Built-in DSP for high quality effects
- 3-band EQ on inputs
- Illuminated Channel On/Off switches
- Class D amplifier delivers 250W via a 10" cone woofer and 1" titanium-dome compression driver
- Oversized 2.5" woofer voice coil with ferrofluid cooling for superior sonic performance and durability
- Asymmetrical cabinet design plus acoustic insulation eliminates internal standing waves for pure, precise output
- Dual inputs with independent EQ and level controls
- Link out jack allows connection of multiple units for greater power and coverage
- Accessories: Owner's manual, AC cord
- Frequency response tailored for crystal-clear vocal reproduction
- Unidirectional pattern for feedback rejection and focused pick up
- All-metal design for years of trouble-free use
- Convenient on/off switch
- Professional features include balanced XLR output and mic clip
- 42" to 71" height
- 110-lb. capacity
- Lightweight rugged, aluminum
Yamaha MSR250 / MG124CX PA Package
- Yamaha MG124CX Stereo Mixer
- Frequency response: Stereo Out, Group OUT, EFFECT/AUX (AUX1, 2*), SEND, Monitor OUT, Rec Out: -3.0 — 1.0dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD + N) Stereo Out, +14dBu @ 20Hz-20kHz, Input Gain Control at minimum: 0.1%
- Hum & Noise:
- CH Input 1-4 MIC, EIN (Equivalent Input Noise): Rs = 150Ω, Gain: maximum: -128dBu
- Stereo Out & Group OUT, Stereo Out, Group Master fader at nominal level
- and all channels' ST and 1-2 switches off: -88dBu
- EFFECT/AUX (AUX1, 2*) SEND, Master EFFECT/AUX (AUX1, 2) control at nominal level and all CH EFFECT/AUX (AUX1, 2) controls at minimum.: -81dBu
- Stereo Out & Group OUT, Stereo, Group Master fader and one CH fader
- at nominal level: -64dBu
- Stereo Out Residual Output Noise -98dB
- Crosstalk (1kHz): Adjacent Input CH 1-4: -70dB; Input to Output Stereo L/R, CH 1-4, PAN: panned hard left or right: -70dB
- Phantom Voltage MIC: + 48V
- Input HPF: CH 1-7/8, 80Hz, 12dB/oct
- Input equalization CH 1-7/8 HIGH: 10kHz (shelving), MID: 2.5kHz (peaking), LOW: 100Hz (shelving); CH 9/10-11/12 HIGH: 10kHz (shelving), LOW: 100Hz (shelving)
- PEAK Indicator: Red LED turns on when post EQ signal (either post MIC HA or post EQ signal for CH 5/6, 7/8) reaches -3dB below clipping (+17dBu).
- Internal Digital Effect*: 16 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control, Foot Switch (Digital Effect On/Off)
- LED Level Meter Pre Monitor Level: 2 x 12 points LED meter (PEAK, +10, +6, +3, 0, -3, -6, -10, -15, -20, -25, -30dB), PEAK lights if the signal level reaches 3dB below the clipping level.
- Power Supply Adaptor PA-20: AC 35 VCT, 0.94 A, Cable Length = 3.6 m
- Power Consumption: 30 W
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 19.5" x 18.5" x 7.3" (346.2mm x 86.1mm x 436.6mm)
- Weight: 16.5lb. (3.2kg)
- Type: 2-way powered speaker
- Frequency response: -10dB: 50Hz to 20kHz
- Nominal coverage: H: 90°, V: 40°
- Components: LF: 10" cone, HF: 1" voice coil compression driver
- Output power: 200W
- Maximum output level (1m; on axis): 116dB SPL
- Processors: Equalizer (LOW: +/13dB at 60Hz, HIGH: ±6dB at 10kHz)
- Line input and output connectors: Input 1: XLR-3-31 type/Phone jack(Balanced), Input 2/3: Phone jack/RCA pin(Unbalanced), LINK OUT: Phone jack
- Power requirements: 100V, 110V, 120V, 220V, 230V or 240V; 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 40W
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 342 x 544.5 x 298mm (13" x 21-1/2" x 11-3/4")
- Weight: 14.1kg (31-1/8lb.)
- Flying and mounting hardware: 2x M8-25
- Pole socket: 35mm (1-3/8") to 36mm
- M4000S Handheld Dynamic Microphone
- Element: Moving coil dynamic
- Polar pattern: Unidirectional
- Frequency response: 70Hz — 12.000Hz
- Open circuit sensitivity: -52dB (2.5 mV)
- Impedance: 500Ω
- Switch: On/off
- Weight: 329g (11.6 oz.)
- Dimensions: 178.3mm (7.02") length, 56.3mm (2.22") body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLR M-type
- Accessories: Slip-in stand clamp for 5/8" — 27 threaded adaptor