- Product 180713
Yamaha YDP-2006 Digital Parametric Equalizer
- Write a Review
The Yamaha's YDP2006 Digital Parametric Equalizer offers the most up-to-date features and control convenience with stunning digital sound. The Yamaha...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Yamaha's YDP2006 Digital Parametric Equalizer offers the most up-to-date features and control convenience with stunning digital sound. The Yamaha YDP2006 offers a choice of two EQ modes: 2-channel 6-band parametric equalization with four programmable notch filters plus high-pass and low-pass filters, or single-channel 12-band EQ with eight notch filters as well as high- and low-pass filters.
Nothing beats parametric equalization for fine, flexible frequency control. You also get the best digital sound available: top-performance 20-bit A/D and D/A converters ensure optimum signal integrity. An advanced control interface offers easy, intuitive operation, while a range of display options and extra features provide versatility and convenience that only digital technology can achieve. The YDP2006 also features a variable output delay for time alignment and distance compensation, a 40-program memory, a MIDI interface for remote control, and a Y-485 interface for computer control and multi-unit expansion. The Yamaha YDP2006 packs extraordinary parametric EQ performance and features into a compact, easy-to-use unit that is also remarkably economical.
- Unmatched Audio Quality
- In any piece of audio equipment the bottom line is unquestionably sound quality. The YDP2006 passes with flying colors: 110-dB dynamic range, precise response from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz, and total harmonic distortion less than 0.007% (emphasis on). This type of performance has been achieved by a combination of carefully selected electronic devices, no-compromise design, and the implementation of top-performance 20-bit A/D and D/A converters sampling at 44.1 kHz.
- A Choice of EQ Modes
- The YDP2006 offers a choice of two EQ modes to match the widest possible range of applications. In the stereo mode it offers 2-channels of 6-band parametric EQ while in the mono mode you get a single channel of 12-band parametric equalization. In either mode you have +/-12 dB gain control in each band, plus Q control ranging from 0.5 to 10.
- LPF, HPF and Multiple Notch Filters
- In the stereo EQ mode the left and right channels feature independently programmable high-pass and low-pass filters as well as a group of four notch filters with variable frequency and bandwidth. In the mono mode the YDP2006 provides the same high-pass and low-pass filters with no less than eight programmable notch filters. In addition to numeric displays, the YDP2006 even provides graphic displays of HPF, LPF, and notch filter response for easy, intuitive control.
- 40-program Memory
- The YDP2006 makes it easy to store and recall up to 40 different EQ programs as required. You can recall any of these memory locations via the front-panel keys, or via the MIDI interface or Y-485 bus. A software protect function can be used to prevents unwanted changes to the RAM memory contents.
- Independently Programmable Channel Delays
- For phase alignment, speaker distance compensation, and other applications requiring precisely-programmable delays, each channel of the YDP2006 also provides a variable delay parameter that can be set anywhere from 0 to 714 milliseconds in sub-millisecond steps.
- Easy Programming Interface
- A graphic LCD panel is a major part of the YDP2006's advanced control interface. Graphic representations of EQ curves, simultaneous display of related parameters, and comprehensive display layouts make operation and programming fast and efficient. Another innovative control feature is the provision of three rotary encoders for data entry. When used to set the main EQ parameters, for example, one of these encoders adjusts frequency, one adjusts gain, and the other adjusts Q. This approach is much more natural and intuitive than having to switch parameters and step through long lists of values. Programming efficiency is further enhanced by a parameter copy function that allows parameters to be copied from an existing program and then edited as required.
- Reliable Balanced Analog Inputs Outputsm
- Electronically balanced input and outputs with XLR-type connectors ensure solid mechanical connection and reliable electrical contact. Extra I/O versatility is provided by independent -20/+4 dB level selectors for the inputs and outputs.
- Multi-equalizer Network Capability
- For large-scale applications you may need more than just one or two parametric equalizer units. With the YDP2006 you can easily create multi-unit equalizer networks thaks to a reliable Y-485 serial control bus. Up to 31 YDP2006 units can be included in the network, providing plenty of capacity for even the largest and most complex sound reinforcement systems. All parameters can be remotely accessed and controlled from a single master YDP2006 unit or a computer running Yamaha QS1 Digital Equalizer Control Software, allowing convenient central control. The Y-485 protocol is particularly resistant to noise-induced data errors, and is ideal for long-distance control requiring cable runs up to several hundred meters.
- MIDI Interface
- The YDP2006 features a MIDI interface that allows EQ programs to be recalled and parameter changes to be made from a MIDI sequencer, computer or similar device. The MIDI interface also features a bulk dump function that allows the contents of the YDP2006 memory to be transferred to any MIDI device capable of recording bulk data - e.g. a sequencer, MIDI data filer, or even a keyboard with MIDI data filer capability.
- Parameter link function allows simultaneous programming of left- and right-channel parameters.
- Input attenuator of digital domain.
- Emphasis ON/OFF control.
YDP-2006 Digital Parametric Equalizer
- Frequency response 20 Hz to 20 kHz 0+/-1, 0 dB
Hum and noise
Emphasis ON: less than -80 dBm
Emphasis OFF: less than -76 dBm
(max level, Emphasis ON) less than 0.007%
(max level, Emphasis OFF) less than 0.01%
Channel inputs 2 (balanced)
Nominal input level +4/-20 dBm (switchable)
Maximum input level +24 dBm (switch at +4 dB)
Input impedance 20k ohms
Channel outputs 2 (balanced)
Nominal output level +4/-20 dBm (switchable)
Maximum output level +24 dBm (switch at +4 dB)
Output impedance 150 ohms
A/D and D/A convertors
A/D resolution 20-bit linear
D/A resolution 20-bit linear
Frequency response 44.1 kHz
Memory areas 40 (all user-programmable)
MIDI control Program Change messages select memory areas
USA and Canadian model 120 V/60 Hz
General model 230 V/50 Hz
Power consumption (all models) 25 W
Dimensions (W x D x H) 480mm x 335mm x 45mm (18.9" x 13.2" x 1.8")
(19" 1U rackmount)
Weight 4.6kg (10.1lbs.)
*All specifications subject to change without notice.
YDG2030 Equalization Bands
step G: 0.5 dB step F: 1/3oct
step G: 0.5 dB step
GEQ-1 25 Hz +/-12 dB, +/-6 dB GEQ-16 800 Hz +/-12 dB, +/-6 dB
GEQ-2 31.5 Hz GEQ-17 1 kHz
GEQ-3 40 Hz GEQ-18 1.25 kHz
GEQ-4 50 Hz GEQ-19 1.6 kHz
GEQ-5 63 Hz GEQ-20 2 kHz
GEQ-6 80 Hz GEQ-21 2.5 kHz
GEQ-7 100 Hz GEQ-22 3.15 kHz
GEQ-8 125 Hz GEQ-23 4 kHz
GEQ-9 160 Hz GEQ-24 5 kHz
GEQ-10 200 Hz GEQ-25 6.3 kHz
GEQ-11 250 Hz GEQ-26 8 kHz
GEQ-12 315 Hz GEQ-27 10 kHz
GEQ-13 400 Hz GEQ-28 12.5 kHz
GEQ-14 500 Hz GEQ-29 16 kHz
GEQ-15 630 Hz GEQ-30 20 kHz
F: 1/24oct step Q: 1/6oct step
HPF 20Hz - 1k Hz -
NOTCH 1 - 4* 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.5 - 10.0
LPF 1k Hz - 20k Hz -
* 1-8 in the YDP2006 mono mode.