- Product 502741
Phonic Firefly 302 Firewire Recording Package
- Write a Review
The Phonic FIREFLY 302 FireWire Recording Package includes a FIREFLY 302 Plus Portable FireWire Interface, M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
The Phonic FIREFLY 302 FireWire Recording Package includes a FIREFLY 302 Plus Portable FireWire Interface, M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors, Audio-Technica AT2020 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone, MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom, and a Livewire1/4" – RCA Dual Patch Cable.
Phonic FIREFLY 302 Plus Portable FireWire Interface
The Phonic FIREFLY 302 Plus is an easy-to-use, FireWire interface perfect for songwriters to record guitars, keyboards, vocals and more to a computer. Featured are 3 analog (XLR, 1/4" and RCA) inputs and 2 analog outputs, which are streamed to and from the computer in real time through the 24-bit/192kHz FireWire connection. Compatible with the most popular of Digital Audio Workstation software, this compact, bus-powered FireWire interface is small enough to go anywhere you want to take your music.
M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors
M-Audio StudioPro 3 active monitors feature powerful amplification, custom-tuned cabinets, optimized speaker design, and advanced crossover technology for the best possible sound. Magnetic shielding prevents these desktop audio monitors from interfering with your computer or video monitor.
Stereo Auxiliary Input and Headphone Output
For maximum flexibility, a stereo aux input allows you to plug in a secondary audio source (such as your portable music player) in addition to the main RCA inputs in the back. The volume control works on both inputs simultaneously. Additionally, there is a stereo headphone output next to the aux jack that mutes the sound coming out of the speakers and redirects it to your headphones.
The custom bass reflex port design discharges very low-frequency signals and delivers a smooth, substantial bass response. Need more? The rear-panel bass boost gives you additional low-frequency gain and makes the monitors versatile for different spaces and listening preferences.
High-frequency audio signals tend to be fairly directional. That's why wedge-shaped monitor pads are included to help point your StudioPro 3s directly at your ears for an optimal listening sweet spot.
Provides a more stable performance with a special medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and unique interior reinforcement designed to absorb vibration and impact generated under extreme conditions. Includes carefully placed acoustic material that makes the StudioPro 3's sound much bigger than they are - resulting in a smooth, natural bass response.
M-Audio includes a pair of angled isolation stands.
Audio-Technica AT2020 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone is the ideal mic for project and home studio applications. With a remarkably low price, cardioid pattern, and specs that put it in the big leagues, it features a custom-engineered, 16mm low-mass diaphragm and smooth 20Hz-20kHz frequency response. The AT2020's low self-noise is suited to digital recording, plus it has a high 144dB SPL handling. Requires phantom power.
MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom
The MS-220 Tripod Microphone Stand has a thread adapter and tubular legs. Its adjustable height from floor to top thread is 35" to 61-7/8". The 30-1/4" fixed boom is not adjustable.
Livewire1/4" – RCA Dual Patch Cable
These Live Wire mono 1/4" male to RCA male dual patch cables have metal headshells. Like all Livewire cables, they are designed for serious musicians, with the strength and durability to withstand more than everyday use.
A recording package that will get you in business without hurting your economy.
- 5x6 24-bit/192kHz FireWire stream I/O
- 2 x 2 analog operation (RCA)
- Front-panel microphone in (XLR) with: 48V phantom power
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- Low-latency ASIO software direct monitoring
- Power indicator LED
- Powered via FireWire bus or included DC power supply
- Dual FireWire (6 and 4 pin ports) with bus-power
- Easy-to-see accurate LED signal and clip indicators for input and output
- Mac and Windows XP/Vista compatible
- 3.25" low-frequency drivers; 1" high-frequency drivers
- Remarkably accurate frequency response and imaging
- Advanced crossover design
- Custom-tuned wood cabinet
- Magnetic shielding prevents computer/video monitor interference
- Vented port design for added bass
- Transportable, compact design is ergonomic and flexible
- Internal standing wave acoustic absorption for greater efficiency
- Bass Boost switch
- Factory programmed for worldwide use
- RCA rear-panel inputs; convenient front-panel 1/8" inputs
- Includes directional pads to optimize listening sweet spot
- Cardioid pattern
- Side address
- 16mm low-mass diaphragm
- 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- 144dB SPL handling
- Rugged body
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount
Start getting creative now!
Firefly 302 Firewire Recording Package
- M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors
- Type: 2-way desktop reference monitor
- LF driver: 3.25" diameter, magnetically shielded with curved cone with high-temperature voice coil
- HF driver: 1" diameter, magnetically shielded silk dome
- Frequency response: 100Hz-20kHz (±3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.3kHz
- Dynamic range (Maximum Signal-to-Noise Ratio): >80dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input connectors: left and right line input connectors (RCA)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic power: 10 watts into 4 ohms (per channel) at 0.5% distortion
- Input impedance: 10kOhms (unbalanced)
- Input sensitivity: 100mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: blue power LED ring around on/off/volume knob on front panel
- Power requirements: 100-120V~50/60Hz, 220~240V~50/60Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 5.5"W x 7.9"H x 5.9"D
- Weight: 8.8 lbs./pair (approx., without packing)
- Audio-Technica AT2020 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz
- Open circuit sensitivity: -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 144dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% THD
- Noise: 20dB SPL
- Dynamic range (typical): 124dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 74dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 12.1 oz.
- Dimensions: 6-1/3" long, 2" diameter
- Output connector: 3-pin XLRM-type
- Included accessories: Stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
- Audio-Technica case style: R7
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Phonic Firefly 302 Firewire Recording Package:
If this is your budget, go for it. Keep in mind that the interface is firewire, and you might have problems if your computer does not use the Texas Instruments chipset in its firewire card. Mac users, go for it, all macs so far use Texas Instruments. PC users you might want to look for a bundle containing the Focusrite Scarlett USB interface, since USB will be more reliable for your PC unless you buy a specific Firewire expansion card (or if your motherboard has firewire and is made by Gigabyte)
Not a bad starter package at all. One flaw: No XLR cable for connecting the microphone to the interface. No pop filter, but these can be bought for $20-$50. The angled stands for the monitors are nice, but the mic stand is a little flimsy. Again, the price is low, so you shouldn't expect the world.
Phonic Firefly 302 is a great interface, since it can record through the SPDIF, mic, and line inputs all at the same time. HOWEVER, the headphone amp has a high-pitched whine. No, this is not just one bad unit, it is a flaw in the entire line. They had to cut costs somewhere. The whine is not present in the line outputs, so that's good. I suggest using a small format mixer with the Firefly to avoid this problem. The software control panel is cumbersome, but this interface does the job at a record price.
Firefly drivers are rock solid on both mac and PC, so far. Tried with macbook pro 13" (late 2010) and my homemade PC (with Texas Instruments chipset PCI firewire card)
The microphone is "okay" at best. Consider the price you are getting it for. I would gladly fork over $60 for this mic alone. Pales in comparison to the AT series that were made in Japan, but those were only "fairly good" considering their price tag of $130.
The point here is that you are getting almost everything you need to start being creative. Every component is cheap, but so is the price. I am impressed with the Phonic (headphone amp notwithstanding)
BUT: Why no mic cable? Yeah you can get one, but this package should include one. Raise the price by $5 and include a 6' HOSA cable, who cares, at least the aspiring home recordist will not be turned off when the package arrives.
Interface: Good, but has the headphone amp problem.
Mic: I dare you to do better for the money, unless you buy a SM57 or SM58
Stand: light, tripod. Okay I guess. You didn't look at this package for the mic stand, anyway.
Monitors: You get what you pay for. More than enough for podcasting, voiceover. Not bad for a starter package
Cable: only one cable; RCA-&gt;1/4" for interface output to monitors. Again, why no mic cable?
Comments about Phonic Firefly 302 Firewire Recording Package:
I just bought this pack before i moved to dallas and i gotta say ive been using the heck out of all the stuff. The Interface is a wicked good deal with the midi capabilities and the mic preamp isnt the best so i would suggest a good mixer with phatom or a mic preamp. The Software was crap well for me anyway. It was confusing and it didnt come with a manual for the software i couldnt get anything to work. luckly im a mac user and so i use garage band intstead. the monitors are really good and clear. the microphone is super good. but it doesnt come with a mic cable so i would get one. (duh). So in summary: Everything is great just get some good software and mic preamps for more track recordings and mic cable and a good set of headphones.P.S. Everything in the pack is upgradeable!!!