- 660071 000000612 660071000000612
JBL 2226H 15" Low Frequency Transducer
- Write a Review
The high power handling and robust construction of the 2226H make it a natural for tour sound and fixed sound reinforcement use, while the low distor...Read More
Need beefier low end? Look no further.
The high power handling and robust construction of the 2226H make it a natural for tour sound and fixed sound reinforcement use, while the low distortion and smooth response make it an ideal choice for critical high level monitoring applications.
To increase power handling while reducing power compression, JBL engineers created a unique, direct voice coil-to-air heat dissipation method called Vented Gap Cooling. This process pumps air through the magnetic gap and directly over and around the voice coil to provide immediate heat transfer and reduction in operating temperature-a direct improvement in power compression.
The 2226H incorporates a SFG (Symmetrical Field Geometry) magnetic structure. Computer-aided magnet optimization and analysis allowed JBL engineers to optimize magnet weight, flux density and reduced distortion. This patented magnet structure offers much of the weight advantage of rare earth magnet structures without their higher cost.
Crank up the floor-shaking lows with the 2226H!
2226H 15" Low Frequency Transducer
- Nominal Diameter : 15" (380 mm)
- Rated Impedance : 8ohms
- Power Capacity : 600W AES continuous pink noise
- Sensitivity : 97dB SPL, 1W, 1m (3.3 ft)
- Frequency Range : 30Hz-2.5kHz
- Power Compression - at —10 dB power (60 W) : 0.7dB
- Power Compression - at —3 dB power (300 W) : 2.5dB
- Power Compression - at rated power (600 W) : 4.0dB
- Distortion - 2nd harmonic : <= 1.0 %
- Distortion - 3rd harmonic : <= 1.0 %
- Highest Recommended Crossover : 1200Hz
- Recommended Enclosure Volume : 85-285 liter (3-10 ft3)
- Effective Piston Diameter : 13.2 " (335 mm)
- Maximum Excursion Before Damage (p-p) : 1.6 " (40 mm)
- Minimum Impedance : 6.0 ohms +/- 10% @ 25 degreeC
- Voice Coil Diameter : 4 inch (100 mm)
- Voice Coil Material : Edgewound aluminum ribbon
- Voice Coil Winding Depth : 0.75 inch
- Magnetic Gap Depth : 0.32 inch (8.1 mm)
- Magnetic Assembly Weight : 15 lbs. (6.8 kg)
- Bl Factor : 19.2 N/A
- Effective Moving Mass : 0.098 kg
- Net Weight : 19.25 lbs. (8.7 kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about JBL 2226H 15" Low Frequency Transducer:
I've been playing the bass for over 40 years and have been a JBL fan plus user since the beginning. From the D140 up through today's 2226 you'll never be disappointed by owning the best. Although the 2226 is not cheap, and at just shy of 20 pounds is certainly not the lightest 15 inch driver on the market, you'll be hard pressed to find a better sounding or performing speaker in any class. Rated at 600 watts rms it's powerful enough to stand alone in a single 15 inch cab and get the job done. I have a pair of these mounted in a older Ampeg 2x15 cab driven by a vintage SVT head and the sound is unbelievable! Superb tone that's deep but crisp and clean along with unlimited power handling ability. If you love the sound of a 15 inch speaker like I do, you can't go wrong with the JBL 2226.