Stupid Deal of the Daysite1prodH88846 H88846
G&L Tribute M2000 4-String Electric Bass Honeyburst Rosewood Fretboard
Regular Price: $699.99(interim markdowns may have applied) In Stock
Three decades ago, the G&L L-2000 bass served notice that company founder Leo Fender was ready to disrupt the status quo. The bold, brash L-2000 has always been an exhilarating experience for players with the skill to pull it off. Now the new M-2000 and M-2500 harness that power with a sonic palate that will surprise and delight new and die-hard G&L fans alike.
Leo’s MFD humbuckers have always been the heart of the iconic L-Series. In the all-new M-Series, these powerhouses are voiced to fully exploit a studio-quality 18V preamp system specially designed by G&L’s R&D wizard Paul Gagon. With an LF442 chip, 100V poly caps, 1% metal film resistors and big, fat signal traces on the mil-spec circuit board, this preamp reveals everything the player and the instrument have to offer.
And there’s even more:
• Primary volume and pan controls to explore the full range of sounds available between the two pickups
• 3-band EQ with peripherally placed, center-detent, reduced-diameter knobs
• An impeccable, familiar “feel” of the instrument in the hands and on the shoulder
• The return of the classic C-shape 1-5/8” neck, discontinued by G&L in the 1980s
For slapping, rolling back some highs and dialing up some lows, coupled with a mid-range boost, magnifies the intensity that Leo’s humbuckers are famous for. Need more definition for fingerstyle? Just bring up the treble and roll off the bass for a nuanced and detailed sound. Headroom? The new M-Series preamp harnesses the power of those meaty MFD humbuckers without a hint of clipping. The best tools are simple, intuitive and easy to use, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the new M-Series package.
- 34" scale
- Two Leo Fender-designed / Paul Gagon-specified G&L MFD humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- Swamp ash body on translucent and burst finishes, basswood body on solid finishes
- Hard-rock maple neck with maple or rosewood fingerboard
- Medium C shape neck profile
- 22 medium-jumbo frets, nickel
- Traditional open-back tuning keys
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- G&L M-spec 18V preamp, volume, pan, 3-band boost/cut EQ with center detents
- Case sold separately
Get Instant Notification
- Be the first to know the Stupid Deal of the Day!
- Stupid Deal of the Day RSS
Get it first
- Sign up now for smokin' deals, new & hot gear, plus exclusive offers.