- H72439 000000000 H72439000000000
Mojave Audio MA-300 Large-Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Mic
- Write a Review
The MA-300 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the M...Read More
The MA-300 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300 adds a continuously variable pickup pattern selector, 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off. The MA-300 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing hand-selected, double diaphragm 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-300 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The MA-300 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-300 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
Performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best-loved classic condenser microphones.
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron double diaphragm capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- Includes an aluminum case, AC power supply and cable, 16-foot microphone cable with 5-pin male and female connectors, and shock mount
- Recommended applications:
- Use anywhere you would use an expensive, large diaphragm tube microphone.
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
Order a mic that will delivers years of superb performance.
MA-300 Large-Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Mic
- Transducer type: externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm thickness : 3-microns
- Polar response: continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, ±3 dB at "flat" setting of bass cut switch. Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below 100 hertz in "cut" setting
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1v/pa
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- Distortion: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL, < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off, < 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- Self-noise: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (a weighted)
- Pad: 15 dB
- Bass cut: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- Dimensions and weight: carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 13 lb.Microphone: 7 5/8" x 2", 1 lb.
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Mojave Audio MA-300 Large-Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Mic:
This is my first high end tube microphone.The sound is rich and it works great on pretty much anything, but I find it excels on voice and acoustic guitar. The variable polar patters are very useful when you want to dial in/out the proximity effect. No phantom power required either. You can't go wrong with the MA-300.