- #H89699 000005001 H89699000005001
Altus Limited Series Handmade Flute
Offset G, D# Roller, Classic headjoint
- Write a Review
The Altus Limited (also known as the Altus 1807) is the peak of flutemaker Shuichi Tanaka's innovative work to date. He created a new alloy known as ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
One of the world's finest flutes.
The Altus Limited (also known as the Altus 1807) is the peak of flutemaker Shuichi Tanaka's innovative work to date. He created a new alloy known as Altus Silver that consists of 94.6% silver alloyed with a total of 17 other metals. This unique metal is the result of many years of researching the composition of alloys used in the old French flute making tradition.
The exact composition used in Altus Silver is Tanaka's personal secret. With his creation of Altus Silver, Tanaka has created an extraordinarily expressive and colorful flute. To even further enhance these qualities, he chose to make this flute with a seamed tube. The seamed tube is created by rolling a flat piece of metal into a tube and seaming it together. This puts less stress on the metal than the traditional method of drawing the tube, and it allows the flute to be much more resonant and vibrant. The flute feels alive in your hands.
This is truly a masterwork, and the absolute pinnacle of one style of flute making. It is a flute you will own and treasure for as long as you play, one that will become an extension of your spirit, a reflection of your soul, and a conduit of the apex of your musical communication.
- Altus Silver headjoint and body
- Sterling silver keys
- Seamed tube
- Open holes
- B footjoint
- D# roller
- Inline or Offset G
- Optional Split E mechanism
- Optional C# trill key
- Classic cut headjoint
- Soldered tone holes
- SP-1 Springs
- Pointed key arms
- Altus/Bennett scale
Order now and meet your musical destiny.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.