- Write a Review
An instrument of consummate perfection.
The new Leblanc instruments are a fusion of artistry, technology and passion, designed by Morrie Backun. Director of product development for Leblanc professional clarinets, Backun is one of the most respected woodwind designers and technicians in the world today. He has worked with clients that include Ricardo Morales, David Shifrin, Eddie Daniels, James Campbell, Howard Klug, Julian Bliss, Sabine Meyer, Alessandro Carbonare, Wenzel Fuchs, Jessica Phillips, Larry Combs, and other renowned clarinetists.
The awe-inspiring flagship of the new line is the Leblanc Legacy Bb LB110B. The Legacy design features an aged and highly figured grenadilla body with undercut, integral tone holes and two specially crafted traditional Backun bells in both grenadilla and cocobolo woods. Both bells include Backun's signature wooden tenon ring. While grenadilla is the traditional wood of choice, a large number of players, including many of the world's finest performers and educators, prefer cocobolo bells as these offer a warm, rich tone that does not sacrifice projection of sound.
Backun traditional grenadilla and cocobolo barrels are both featured, as well. The wood-ringed barrels vibrate freely, giving the player a warm, resonant response with great articulation and superior tuning.
A highly developed acoustical design of these instruments provides for greater individual expression, while the stunning keywork incorporates many unique features that expand the possibilities of performance. Balanced key suspension, 24K gold-plated register and thumb tubes, post pivot locking screws, six adjustable key points, and other exclusive features offer today's finest players the best way to express their true individuality.
Not surprisingly, the Legacy is cradled in a deluxe French "pouchette" style double case, for Bb and A, with case cover. In addition to this, a handcrafted wooden case with hygrometric vents is included for the finest care of your reeds. No mouthpiece set-up is provided.
- Backun traditional cocobolo and grenadilla bells
- Backun traditional cocobolo and grenadilla ringed barrels
- Left-hand C#/G# with trill key extension
- Various post pivot locking screws
- Crow's foot
- Register key
- Thumb ring with spring Upper joint rings and bridge
Your reward for a lifetime devoted to music. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.