- Write a Review
Designed for aficianados of vintage mouthpieces.
The FJ-V by MACSAX offers players who favor the feel and sound of vintage metal mouthpieces a modern mouthpiece with the traditional feel and resistance they are accustomed to. The FJ-V features a unique hybrid large chamber design unlike anything made before. This chamber design helps eliminate some of the tubbiness and spread often associated with a large chamber will still providing the richness and thickness that have made the large chamber a classic design. The baffle section is slightly raised and elongated to provide better projection and more upper partials to the sound. The facing geometry will fill familiar to players used to more traditional or vintage pieces and provides a comfortable working resistance to push against.
- CNC machined from solid brass bar stock
- Handcrafted facing and baffle
- Hybrid large chamber concept
- Extremely even, powerful and rich sounding
- More traditional feel for players of vintage pieces
- Reed friendly
- Individually and extensively play tested
- Heavily silverplated
- Includes Rovner Legacy ligature and cap