- Product J11065
MACSAX MAC 8 Tenor Saxophone
- Write a Review
For the pro-player that wants to make a statement, this is your saxophone! The MAC 8 Series Saxophones, unlike any of our other series of horns, offe...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Big sound for the contemporary player.
For the pro-player that wants to make a statement, this is your saxophone! The MAC 8 Series Saxophones, unlike any of our other series of horns, offers a larger bore, enlarged bell size, and double key arms on the low C and B keys. The result is a huge low end sound, but also one that will scream in the upper register.
MACSAX also added extra support between the bell and body, along with a special bracket for the left hand spatula. The added brace provides positive pinky finger action for fast, smooth low end fingering. The MAC 8 has rock solid ergonomics and boasts a complex, rich, full, and warm sound.
MAC 8 Tenor Saxophone
- Range: B-Flat to F-Sharp
- Level: Professional Class
- Material: Ribbed Construction
- Treated Bare Brass
- EF Finish (vintage bare body, matte silver keys/neck)
- Bare body with Silver Nickel Plated Bow, Bell, and Keys
- Vintage Lacquer Body/Keys with Silver Nickel Plated Bow, Bell, and Keys
- Gold Lacquer
- Clear Lacuqer
- Antique Silver Plated
- Black nickel body, rest of horn silver nickel
- Gold Plated
- Engravings: Hand engraved Bell, Bow, Body, and Neck
- Includes MACSAX D-Jazz 7* mouthpiece, cap, and ligature
- Neck: Custom MACSAX neck with increased bore
- Keys: Professional Grade, brass power forged
- Auxiliary Keys: Front F, High F Sharp
- Key Touches: Genuine White or Black mother of pearl; Turquoise abalone
- Bell: Oversized Bell for huge low end projection
- Spring Type: Blue Steel Springs
- Pad Type: Professional Grade Italian Pisioni Pads & Cork
- Resonators: Brass with nickel plating
- Thumb Hook: Metal, adjustable.