- #502862 000901000 502862000901000
Powell-Sonare Silhouette Series Black Nickel Flute
B Foot, Open Hole, Inline G
- Write a Review
The Sonare Silhouette Series flutes are based upon the popular 505 series. The unique black and silver appearance of these flutes is stunning and a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Sonare Silhouette Series flutes are based upon the popular 505 series. The unique black and silver appearance of these flutes is stunning and also a first in the flute world. The Silhouettes incorporate all of the sound and expert workmanship expected from a Sonare. The black nickel plated finish, used for years in saxophone manufacturing, proves to increase the projection while the Sterling silver headjoint underneath prevents the sound from getting bright or shrill. The Silhouette Series flutes feature sterling silver, Powell Signature headjoints, handmade in Boston, which are then black nickel plated. The silver-plated keys feature French pointed arms. The body is made by Powell in Boston and is also black nickel plated.
- Sterling Silver Powell Signature headjoint with Black Nickel Plating
- Black Nickel plated body and foot
- Silver Plated French Style Keys
- French Pointed Arms
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Rich Sound
- Warm Tone
Comments about Powell-Sonare Silhouette Series Black Nickel Flute:
This is a wonderful intermediate-level flute with absolutely gorgeous first and second octaves that speak warmly and clearly, with impressive dynamic range. The head is silver for good tone and response, and the body is nickel-silver for resistance to scratching and tarnish, and economy. The black nickel-silver plating is visually stunning as well.
A few considerations:
- I have played on other flutes that speak more "quickly" than this one. Jazz flautists may want to try this model out first before making a decision
- Be sure to note the various options MusiciansFriend offers for this model, eg. split-E and offset-G. For some reason selecting alternate configurations gives a new image on this website that is different from the default (ie. the preview image becomes all-silver instead of black-nickelsilver); the instrument they deliver will still be black nickel regardless of configuration.
- Third octave and above seem a *tiny* bit more shrill than other models