- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Powell-Sonare Silhouette Series Black Nickel Flute
B Foot, Open Hole, Offset G with Split E
- Write a Review
- #502862 000903000 502862000903000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Sonare Silhouette Series flutes are based upon the popular 505 series. The unique black and silver appearance of these flutes is stunning and a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Sonare Silhouette Series flutes are based upon the popular 505 series. The unique black and silver appearance of these flutes is stunning and also a first in the flute world. The Silhouettes incorporate all of the sound and expert workmanship expected from a Sonare. The black nickel plated finish, used for years in saxophone manufacturing, proves to increase the projection while the Sterling silver headjoint underneath prevents the sound from getting bright or shrill. The Silhouette Series flutes feature sterling silver, Powell Signature headjoints, handmade in Boston, which are then black nickel plated. The silver-plated keys feature French pointed arms. The body is made by Powell in Boston and is also black nickel plated.
Sterling Silver Powell Signature headjoint with Black Nickel Plating
Black Nickel plated body and foot
Silver Plated French Style Keys
French Pointed Arms
Includes: Case / Cleaning Materials.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Rich Sound
- Warm Tone
Comments about Powell-Sonare Silhouette Series Black Nickel Flute:
This is a wonderful intermediate-level flute with absolutely gorgeous first and second octaves that speak warmly and clearly, with impressive dynamic range. The head is silver for good tone and response, and the body is nickel-silver for resistance to scratching and tarnish, and economy. The black nickel-silver plating is visually stunning as well.
A few considerations:
- I have played on other flutes that speak more "quickly" than this one. Jazz flautists may want to try this model out first before making a decision
- Be sure to note the various options MusiciansFriend offers for this model, eg. split-E and offset-G. For some reason selecting alternate configurations gives a new image on this website that is different from the default (ie. the preview image becomes all-silver instead of black-nickelsilver); the instrument they deliver will still be black nickel regardless of configuration.
- Third octave and above seem a *tiny* bit more shrill than other models