- Write a Review
An instrument of uncompromised quality.
The Sankyo 701 Series Handmade Model Professional Flute is an all silver instrument made entirely of sterling with Silver Plating finished. Silver is the most difficult metal to work with, yet it is said to possess a mellowness and transparency that is most characteristic of the flute. Playing the 701 Series flute with deep breaths exudes a majestic sound. All nuance and supple tonality are achieved with this exquisite instrument.
The head joint and embouchure hole are considered the most important parts of the flute since they enable the flutist to produce and control the sound. With Sankyo head joints both edges of the embouchure have been slightly rounded and the plate height and embouchure have been altered to allow for a larger and richer variety of tones. The FT head joint style is designed to offer a stable and an even sound quality across the registers. It provides lush tone colors in the upper register that are remarkable.
Sankyo Flutes was founded by skilled craftsmen with the simple desire to create instruments of uncompromising quality. All Sankyo flutes are hand-made. The artists and craftsmen at Sankyo truly believe they have transcended the art of flute making to a level unsurpassed anywhere else in the world.
Commitment to detail that makes Sankyo Flute so special. Even the smallest parts of Sankyo flutes that cannot be seen are so beautifully crafted that they are like works of art. The secret behind this craftsmanship is that nothing is neglected in the manufacturing process. Research starts with developing the unique composition of metals and materials, and continues through to the way the flute is hand polished.
- Drawn-up tone holes
- 0.40 mm tubing
- 10K White Gold springs
- Available with Inline G/D# Roller/B or Offset G / B Foot / FT Headjoint
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.